Multimedia Software Developer (Remote/Anywhere)
- CAMBRIDGE, UK
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated Multimedia Open-Source Software Developer? Then this position is the right fit for you.
As a member of the Multimedia team, you will focus on architecturing, developing, adapting, integrating, optimizing, validating and up-streaming open-source Multimedia software components spanning the full SW stack for different customers’ projects.
- Discussing technology with clients and represent the company at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the Linux open source multimedia stack
- Analyzing client problems and designing solutions leveraging open source technologies and Collabora’s technical expertise.
- Defining and scoping client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
- Working with a team of Engineers based globally to implement and contribute both to client and open source projects
- Contributing publicly to open source Linux multimedia projects to ensure Collabora’s continuing technical leadership
- Implementation of A/V drivers, protocols, systems and supporting infrastructure.
- Supporting other Collaborans worldwide with understanding the Linux multimedia stack
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
Desired Technical Skills
- Proven track record of experience in software consultancy is essential
- Existing familiarity with one or more of Collabora’s market verticals is essential
- BS/BA or extensive experience in the role of Software Engineer
- Sound and demonstrable understanding of software and programming concepts, including C/C++, object orientation, Linux kernel interfaces
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and good standing in the open source community
- Demonstrable significant contributions to components in the open source Linux multimedia stack, e.g. GStreamer, PulseAudio, ffmpeg/vlc, Android Media Architecture (StageFright..) or relevant parts of the Linux kernel
- Knowledge of multimedia technologies such as containers and codecs from MPEG, Xiph, DVB, IETF
- Knowledge of multimedia networking technologies and protocols such as RTP, RTSP, DASH, HLS
- Previous experience in managing or mentoring teams is a plus
Desired Personal Skills
- Highly self motivated, reliable with a demonstrable passion for embedded and general multimedia technology
- Self learning skill to get sufficient knowledge of Collabora’s services, business model, project delivery life-cycle and other related technical domains
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online distributed environment
Desired Commercial Skills
- Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
- Ability to work in a global context with clients and engineers spanning continents
- Knowledge of customers’ organization, management, product, target market, applications and decision making internal process