Multi-Specialty Coder (Per Diem)
Job Locations: US-Virtual/Remote
Job ID: 2018-1516
# of Openings: 3
Category: Medical Coding
Minimum Hours: 20
Multi-Specialty Coding Specialist (Per Diem)
Are you interested in joining one of the nation’s leading providers of medical coding services that is experiencing impressive year-over-year growth? Aviacode is nationally recognized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. Here is your opportunity to be part of this exciting team. We are hiring now and have an immediate need for Remote Multi-Specialty Coders working 20 hours per week.
This position will provide high quality E/M, procedure and surgery coding across multiple specialties. The position will focus on several different specialties, including OB/GYN, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatrics, Neurology and others. Coder will not need to know all specialties, but must have at least three specialties and be able to code E/M AND office procedure AND surgery for each of the specialties maintained.
- Current CPC or equivalent through the AAPC or AHIMA required
- Must have at least two years of active E/M coding experience for multiple specialties. This experience must include coding POS 11, 21, 22, coding of in-office procedures across multiple specialties and must be able to code all types of E/M visits (ED, CC, home health, prolonged services, etc.)
- Must have at least two years of active surgery coding experience
- Must be able to maintain a 95% accuracy rate
- Experience with Medicaid of California guidelines strongly preferred
- Inpatient and outpatient E/M pro-fee coding experience is required
- Coders for this role must provide their own computer with a Windows Based Operating System (MAC is not compatible) and dual monitors
- Note that you must have E/M coding experience AND office procedure coding experience AND surgery coding experience in the SAME specialty. That means if you have E/M in family practice, office procedures in neurology, surgery experience in ortho, then you are not qualified
- Must use own Professional Windows OS version 10, computer with dual monitors and high speed internet
Position is work-from-home with flexible hours. A commitment of at least 20 hours/week is required for this opportunity.
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.