Motion Graphic – Video Editor at Tucows
Location: Canada, United Sates
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
This is a completely remote role within Canada and the United States.
About the role
We are redefining what an in-house agency is and are looking for a Motion Graphic/Video Editor to join the Herd. You would be responsible for the creative execution of videos for all of our marketing initiatives. You are self-motivated, understand that good design is a craft that helps elevate everything, can edit videos and create motion graphics. You understand that video is one of the fastest growing mediums for marketing.
What you’ll be doing:
The role involves collaborating with members of the In-House Agency team and peers across the business, including Marketing, to help deliver outstanding videos. This includes:
- Working on a variety of projects including display advertising, social media campaign, How To’s and tutorials videos and corporate communications initiatives and events.
- Participate in brainstorming, project kick-offs and regular creative check-ins with an extended team.
- Collaborating with various business partners, making sure our brand is brought to life in each video and that they follow our brand standards.
- Contributing to the planning and development of creative ideas and video design concepts with the team, including storyboarding, sourcing music and imagery.
- Managing workflow of multiple projects and deliverables. Reviewing and implementing feedback and changes from colleagues and producing final production files/digital artwork.
Education and Experience:
- A university or college degree from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the creative industry or experience within an advertising/design agency (internal or external).
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premier Pro, After Effects, Audition).
- Knowledge of audio production, in tandem with video edits.
- Experience preparing final production video files.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!