Mortgage Operations Team Manager at Stearns Lending
Mortgage Operations Team Manager
About the Company:
Strong history. Bold future.
Stearns was born of the idea to help people succeed – also knowing that success looks different to every individual. Daring to create an environment where employees, partners & clients would have the opportunity to achieve great things, Glenn Stearns founded Stearns Lending in 1989. And from that very first day, we’ve eagerly invested in our people to build healthy, enduring communities.
As we look at 2020, we are in an industry where companies look the same and sound the same, and we’re not afraid to be different. For decades, mortgage lenders have done things the same way, from processing loans to marketing their services to interacting with customers. Just because things have always been done the same way, doesn’t mean it’s the best way.
It’s time to take a different approach to the industry.
Our Mission Statement
When we say, “I Can Help You!” we are making a commitment to helping people reach their goals and achieve their dreams. That’s true in every interaction we have with customers and with each other.
“I Can Help You!” means we view colleagues, employees, customers, and clients as individuals – not as transactions. It places the focus on them, emphasizing a willingness to give as much as receive.
We make a commitment to get the job done correctly and on time – with integrity, responsibility, and accountability. We will do what we said we would do and deliver on promises made.
Operations Team Manager
- Provides thorough strategic direction, goal setting, and daily leadership by managing and directing staff responsible for executing consistent and repeatable processes and practices resulting in inaccurate credit and collateral decisions.
- Works with SVP to develop and implement consistent processes and practices creating greater efficiencies and accuracy in loan Processing and closing.
- Ensure teams are operating in compliance with established policies and guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring all monthly Quality Control findings and reports are responded to in a timely fashion. Oversees implementation of action plans as necessary.
- Provides direction or assistance in resolving complex or challenging loan transactions to ensure the best possible outcomes. Ensures that these escalated loan issues are reviewed and resolved in a timely manner providing customer satisfaction.
- Track and monitor Processing and closing metrics including productivity, quality, turn-times, customer service communication, and all required service level agreements
- Keeps abreast of current trends and attends training to ensure a thorough working knowledge of the company’s technical, operational, loan programs, and Processing and closing guidelines.
- Supports all training and coaching for the Processing and closing Teams to ensure all personnel has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet performance goals.
- A superior motivator with a focus on associate retention/engagement and experience in building a proactive and organized culture that will consistently move the business forward.
- Coordinates with other Operations Managers and the Credit Risk Oversight team to ensure all available training and communications are provided to the Processing and closing Team in a timely and thorough manner.
- Oversees recruiting, hiring, and staffing of the Processing and closing Teams with qualified individuals.
- Guides performance management activities to ensure they are administered in a timely and effective manner in order to retain high-performing, motivated staff.
- Adheres to all applicable internal policies and procedures and protects the confidentiality of borrower information.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with other departments
- Adheres to company policies and procedures to ensure a high level of quality throughout the loan process in order to sell loans on the secondary market to investors without buybacks
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position or equivalent combination of job-related experience and education
- Minimum of 5+ years demonstrated Processing and closing Management experience, with at least 2 years in a retail environment; Experience at the Director level or higher is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of Processing and closing experience or equivalent
- Proficient in DU, LP and Fraud Detection programs
- Internet savvy
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications required
- Extensive knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines; FHA, VA, and Jumbo experience is a plus
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending has also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!