Mid-Market Account Manager at Lincoln Financial Group
Title: Mid-Market Account Manager
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Alternate Locations: US All Regions
Work Arrangement: Work from Home
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Pay Range: $63,100 – $137,900
Requisition #: 69566
The Role at a Glance
We are excited to bring on an Account Manager to join our Workplace Solutions Team supporting Workplace Solutions in a work from home environment, unless located near one of our Lincoln offices.
The Workplace Solutions Team will help you establish and grow your career in Group Benefits providing you with coaching and development to perform in this fast-paced environment.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with clients and brokers within the 500-999 lives segment by supporting their overall group benefits plan administration needs. This role is accountable for providing dedicated service, offering a recommendable and consistent customer experience, and identifying root causes to mitigate future problems and to enhance the overall customer experience. You will be responsible for managing the relationships, handling escalations, and addressing the customer’s service needs as these are received through your queue and designated client/broker relationships.
This opportunity will provide the ability to grow within the group insurance industry while gaining new skills and building strong working relationships. If this sounds like a role for you, please read on!
What you’ll be doing
- You will maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned territory and products, assessing impacts, and collaborating with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- You will partner with your customers and the business to retain customers while adding additional lines of coverage to support the needs of their employees to effectively support growth in all segments of our product/service offerings.
- You will develop and maintain an understanding of LFG’s products, services and operational structure to enhance ability to identify and target sales growth opportunities.
- You will provide education, information, training & advice on Lincoln’s products & services (including sales support tools, marketing ideas, etc.) to assigned Advisors, Registered Representatives, Brokers and/or Plan Sponsor/Participants.
- You will build and maintain business relationships through effective communication via email, phone and in person with internal/external stakeholders in a customer centric and professional demeanor.
- You will work through customer issues independently while collaborating with internal stakeholders to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- You will identify, recommend and champions process improvements and organizational initiatives to positively influence the team and quality.
What we’re looking for?
Must-have experience (Required):
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s)
- 3 – 5+ Years’ experience in relationship management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Nice-to have Experience (Preferred):
- Management/leadership experience
- Project management experience
- Experience working with multiple products
- Presentation training or skills
- Customer and/or broker facing role
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Up to 10%
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Work from Home : Employees will work from home and are not required to work in a Lincoln office on a regular basis.
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate’s wage rate:
• Prior work or industry experience.
• Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
• Unique skills
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications.