Microgrants Program Director at Trans Lifeline
Microgrants Program Director
Title: Microgrants Program Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Benefits: Sick Time, PTO, and Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Location:Must be located in the United States
Trans Lifeline connects trans people to the community, resources, and support they need to survive and thrive–building a resilient trans community through trans-led direct services. Trans Lifeline’s Hotline cares for trans people through moments of crisis and suicidality. Our Microgrants program provides low-barrier grants to trans people in need of legal name changes and updated government IDs — as well as specialized support for trans people who are incarcerated or undocumented. By providing care, Trans Lifeline identifies the trans community’s most pressing needs and brings that expertise to the broad movement for LGBT equality. We are looking for a visionary individual committed to trans liberation and social & economic justice to head up our Microgrants department.
- Accountable for the overall functioning of the Microgrants department.
- Manages and supervises the Microgrants team.
- Facilitates communications between the Microgrants team and the wider organization.
- Builds relationships with other organizations that share common elements of our mission and expands our project potentials.
- Handles special cases where applicants need additional time and support.
- Manages the Microgrants budget to ensure financial stability of the department.
- Maintains and updates applications and tools used for program advocacy such as the ticketing system, recipient application process, and volunteer application process.
- Helps to coordinate training of new microgrants staff members through online platforms.
- Coordinates the ongoing development of the Microgrants program.
- Responds to email and phone calls on behalf of Microgrants.
- Protects confidentiality of Microgrants recipients, staff and volunteers.
- Effective and diverse project management experience.
- Extensive experience managing staff and/or volunteers.
- Fluency in issues of racialized and gendered oppressions.
- A demonstrated commitment to justice and liberation for transgender people.
- Experience with trauma-informed support.
- Experience organizing in trans communities and communities of color.
- Ability to work remotely, through excellent communication skills and self-direction.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Fluency in languages in addition to English, particularly Spanish.
- Knowledge of information security best practices.
- Experience offering peer support to trans people, especially trans people of color.
- Experience navigating or helping others navigate the US carceral and/or immigration systems.
- Experience navigating legal transition, either through personal experience or helping others.
Trans Lifeline is an equal opportunity employer. Transgender, gender non-conforming and intersex people, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants and formerly incarcerated people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: We will close the application on January 30th at 5pm PST. The position will start no later than March 23rd 2020. If you haven’t heard from us yet, we are still actively considering your application. We will respond to all applicants. You can direct inquiries on the hiring process or requests for reasonable accommodation to email@example.com.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!