Meeting Coordinator at BCD Travel
Raleigh NC-US, NC
Requisition Number: NOAM-20578
A culture of purpose: Where will your BCD M&E career take you?
As perfectionists, artists, strategic thinkers and leaders in the industry, we believe culture is defined by its people. We are looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table. Are you interested in adding to both our mission and our energy?
We are looking for a Meeting Coordinator to join our dynamic team within our Life Sciences Division. In this role, you will be responsible for overall logistics planning and attendee management of client exhibit team staff at Congresses. The position requires high-level attention to detail, strong customer service and communication skills, persistence and patience, and a desire to get the job done. The Meeting Coordinator will support overall logistics planning and attendee management by partnering with the Simple Congress Manager and the Operations Manager. Sound like you? Read on!
- Partner with internal planning team members and external suppliers, client exhibit managers, and Professional Congress Organizers (PCO), to ensure timely service delivery.
- Work with your peers and clients to understand meeting goals, flow and requirements. You have a solid understanding of working with logistics suppliers, housing agencies and experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Manage program registration. Coordinate with attendees, hotels and transportation to cross check and ensure all details are communicated.
- Think outside of the box on creative cost savings and menu planning ideas to ensure we remain compliant and on budget. Negotiate vendor contracts and build long lasting partnerships.
- Communicate effectively with all hotel & vendor partners. You are responsible for hotel rooms, congress registrations, ground transportation and group dinner arrangements, and meeting documents.
- Support peers with print materials creation, shipping and more.
You’re good at
- Managing multiple priorities and being adaptable. You have exceptional problem-solving skills, are calm under pressure and work well in a collaborative environment.
- Managing the complex world of FCPA, Meal Caps, State Laws and TOV reporting.
- Managing budgets.
- Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
You might also have
- 3 years’ planning or management experience.
- 3 years’ experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services.
- Travel industry and destination knowledge.
What we offer you
- A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Get to know BCD M&E:
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of 1,500+ people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves.
Additional Locations: Virtual US
Area of Interest: Meetings & Events
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!