Medical Translator, Spanish at Infermedica
Freelance Medical Translator, Spanish
We are looking for a native Spanish speaker with a medical background. If you’d like to help us translate our medical database and products, we’d love to hear from you.
At Infermedica, we develop AI-driven apps that allow insurance, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies to pre-diagnose, triage, and connect patients with the appropriate medical services. We are on a bold mission to guide every patient to the right care.
Every day we work on some of the most exciting challenges in the healthcare industry: using artificial intelligence (AI) in medical diagnosis, and natural language processing (NLP) in chat-bots and voice assistants. Our core technology is science-driven and built on the firm foundation of the latest medical papers and internal research.
We are known for our outstanding products and customer service experience. Since 2012, we’ve helped companies from all over the world increase efficiency, improve patient flow and reduce costs.
Check our products →
- Translations are crucial for our products to work properly. Users rely on these translations when they describe symptoms, and when they receive potential diagnoses. Right now we support 17 languages and we’re still adding new ones.
- In this part-time role, you will translate and localize our medical content i.e. symptoms, conditions, risk factors, diagnostic questions, and more. You will also be responsible for translating apps and product descriptions.
- You will use your in-depth medical knowledge to translate medical terminology, and your language skills to write content that people understand. You will make sure that your translations are accurate and clear for both physicians and ordinary people. Finally, you will identify and address lingual issues.
Requirements and skills
- Medical background (a medical student, a graduate, or a physician)
- Native proficiency in Spanish, and proficiency in English
- Experience in English–Spanish translations
- High writing skills
- Ability to describe complex topics with simplicity and clarity
- Ability to deliver on a tight schedule
- Ability to work independently
- Good knowledge of plain language will be a plus
Perks and benefits
We’re committed to build an open and supportive environment where you can do your best work and improve your competence. You will be working with great people, and we will help you lead a healthy life outside of the office. What benefits do we provide?
- Fully remote position – you can work from anywhere you want
- Flexible working hours – you can work on your own schedule
- Flexible form of employment
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!