Medical Director, Clinical Science Methods Lead at Flatiron
Medical Director, Clinical Science Methods Lead
- New York, NY or Remote
We’re looking for oncology Medical Directors who are passionate about research and real world evidence development, interested in exploring and developing innovative new techniques in observational study design, and looking to drive collaborative research in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment. Here’s what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You’ll Do
As a Medical Director and the Methodology Lead on the Clinical Science (ClinSci) team, you will partner with cross-functional leaders to oversee research that enables a broader set of regulatory and strategic use cases across RWE. Practically, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our research and develop innovative ways to translate real-world data into insights that benefit cancer patients. This includes informing decisions about how EHR-derived data sets are developed and used, determining appropriate use cases for key variables and methodologies. You will help us push the envelope at the interface of technology and medicine. In addition, you’ll also:
- Partner with research clinicians across clinical science to develop the RWE scientific strategy
- Lead data-driven research projects involving colleagues within Flatiron, and in collaboration with external partners in life science companies
- Oversee a team of research clinicians in service staffing internal research and development efforts
- Direct the development of our data models, methodologies, analyses, and results interpretation
- Provide strategic, scientific, and operational support for Flatiron research and external collaborations
- Establish key external relationships throughout the oncology Life Sciences ecosystem
- Represent Flatiron at conferences, both in a speaking and a networking capacity
- Provide team guidance through the development of novel processes and products, including patient-focused quality improvement applications
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the highest clinical quality and relevance of our products and data
- Supply disease- and/or expertise-specific training to coworkers and clients
Who You Are
You’re a medical oncologist with 5 or more years of experience after completion of subspecialty training (although we are open to considering other levels of experience). You’re excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a medical degree, residency, and oncology subspecialty training
- You have demonstrated expertise in one or more oncology-relevant methodological areas (e.g., outcomes research, real world evidence, patient-reported outcomes, health services research, quality improvement science, clinical trials, etc.)
- You are excited about working in a passionate, fast-paced, technology-driven culture
- You can easily explain scientific terms to a non-medical, highly sophisticated audience; superior communication skills
- You have comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to teach and learn
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have a health outcomes research background
- You have experience working with industry in drug development, either in the industry setting or as an academic collaborator
- You have formal training in research methodology/data analytic methods
- You are a credible expert with oncology thought-leaders OR you have experience collaborating with oncology thought-leaders
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You’ll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!