Medical Coding Auditor – ProFee FT
Job Locations: US-Virtual/Remote
Job ID: 2019-1761
# of Openings: 4
Category: Medical Coding
Minimum Hours: Varies
Are you interested in joining one of the nation’s leading providers of medical coding services that is experiencing impressive year-over-year growth? Aviacode is nationally recognized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. Here is your opportunity to be part of this exciting team. We are hiring now and have an immediate need for a Medical Auditor – ProFee. This position will be responsible for conducting professional documentation audits for professional audit clients. The Professional Medical Auditor will support accurate coding audit reports and assist in preparation or execution of physician/coder education for Aviacode.
- Leverage extensive knowledge of federal, state, and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing to audit client charts and billing
- Analyze and identify opportunities for documentation improvement and prepare reports, presentations and recommendations based on the analysis
- Communicate with clients regarding findings and provide recommendations on actions to be taken for improvement
- Coding certifications (AAPC or AHIMA), (CPMA, RHIT) required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ preparing professional documentation audits
- Strong knowledge of coding disciplines; Professional Coding & Audit and Professional Provider Education
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing and payment methodologies, including coding guidelines for ICD-10, CPT, HCPC, E/M, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of procedure and diagnostic coding for professional services and Medicare, Medicaid and other 3rd party payer coding and billing regulations; knowledge of Medi-Cal a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of 1995 and 1997 Evaluation and Management Documentation guidelines and other professional documentation requirements.
- Able to yield high quality coding audits via a manual coding audit process or technology enhanced audit tool
- Knowledge of quality metrics and commitment to enforcement of standards
- Cross functional expertise with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (e.g., Excel and Word)
- Ability to multi-task and set/meet multiple deadlines under pressure with initiative, tact, and poise
This is a work-from-home position that is per diem with flexible hours. Must have own computer.
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.