Medical Coder at Matrix Medical Network
Medical Coder – Remote
- Job ID 2020-10173
- # of Openings 1
- Category Operations
- Type Full Time Temporary
The primary function of this position is to perform ICD10-CM HCC coding of Matrix Health Assessments.
This position will review and analyze medical documentation and assign ICD10-CM, CPT and CPTII codes into a proprietary computer tracking system.
This role is 100% remote and is Full Time, Temporary with opportunity to convert to Permanent status (depending on performance, etc)
- Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes
- Review assessment to identify appropriate coding based on ICD10, CPT and CPTII coding guidelines
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information
- Support and participate in process and quality improvement initiatives
- Enter ICD10, CPT and CPTII codes into computer applications
- Research ICD10, CPT and/or CPTII codes and medical terminology
- Attend department training and education meetings as required
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Certified Medical Coder (CPC, COC, CRC, CCA, CCS) with high degree of competence in this area with 2 years experience. Must hold current certification through the Amerian Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or American Health Inforation Management Association (AHIMA).
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICD10-CM, CPT and CPTII coding guidelines, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology. ICD10-CM proficiency required.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving ability to validate support for diagnosis/procedures
- Knowledge of HCC auditing concepts and principles
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory, and policy compliance issues related to medical coding and documentation
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet research
- Experience using distance learning/meeting programs (GoTo Meeting)
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: No travel required.
Work Conditions: Remote location, general office environment.
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of the position.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!