Medical Biller and Coder at Circle Medical
Medical Biller and Coder
Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Our focus on building directly for our patients and providers to address serious care accessibility issues has enabled us to grow over 3X year-over-year. We’re now using our most recent round of funding from WELL Health, backed by Sir Li Ka-shing, to continue building out our hybrid in-clinic and telemedicine model across all fifty states.
As we enter the hypergrowth phase, we are looking for deeply motivated team players who are driven to solve some of the biggest challenges in healthcare so that people can live longer and healthier lives.
More about us can be found on our website.
We are seeking an eager, detail-oriented Medical Biller and Coder to join our Finance team at Circle Medical Technologies. As we continue to grow, we are constantly searching for exceptional talent to be a part of our adventure. This position will be remote in the U.S. for the right candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Review patient claims for accuracy and completeness and proactively obtain any missing payer information for inclusion
- Appeal medical insurance claim denials in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with procedures and coding guidelines
- Answer patient inquiries related to coverage denials and coding reviews for resubmissions as necessary.
- Communicate with clinical leadership and third-party billing company on issues regarding CPT & ICD-10 coding selections
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes
- Ability to identify coding trends and areas of risk
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite, or related software
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree in business, finance, health administration or a related field preferred
- Required – Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- 2+ years of experience in a primary care clinic setting (preferred)
- Mental/behavioral health experience is a plus
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE
- Proven track record with other startups or VC funded companies
- At least two years related experience required working in accounts receivable billing, or insurance, or as a customer service representative in a medical office, hospital, or call center environment
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $21.00 to $25.00 plus, generous vacation, and full medical/dental benefits.
Circle Medical is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Circle Medical recruits qualified applicants and advances in the employment of its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more