Medical Accounts Receivable Representative at Surgical Notes
Medical Accounts Receivable Representative (Revenue Cycle Representative)
Remote, United States
Surgical Notes is hiring for a Medical Accounts Receivable Representative to assist with timely follow-up and collection on our clients’ third party payor accounts receivable. The ideal candidate has excellent organizational skills, communication skills, with the desire and ability to learn quickly. Working as a part of the team to meet deadlines, but also being able to work independently is crucial to the success in this position. Our organization prides itself on being built upon a set of strong core values. We are looking for candidate who will actively exhibit these core values: Service Excellence, Transparency, Teamwork, Accountability, Hardwork, and Positive Attitude.
Reports to: Revenue Cycle Manager
- Work through book of AR and develop plan for maintaining proper coverage on all accounts.
- Review aged accounts, trace and appeal unpaid and/or erroneously paid or denied accounts
- Work all denials and underpayments received within 24 hours by researching steps previously taken and take additional action, as needed to resolve the claim.
- Work tickler accounts daily to ensure overall health of client accounts receivable.
- Review and address correspondence daily, including emails from clients
- Identify trends and inform client lead/manager, as appropriate
- Escalate issues to client lead/manager, as appropriate
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Eligible for Benefits
- Remote: The minimum bandwidth requirements are 10 Mbps upload and 50 Mbps download speeds. The recommended bandwidth requirements are 20 Mbps upload and 100 Mbps download speeds.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
- Minimum of one year’s experience working with a healthcare provider or an Associate’s Degree in Healthcare Management, Business Management or a related field
- Experience with healthcare billing and collections
- Experience with various practice management systems (Advantx, HST, Vision, Amkai, SIS, Cerner, CPSI, Meditech, CEntricity, Allscripts, AdvancedMD)
- Experience with revenue cycle management and follow-up
- Experience with facility and/or professional revenue cycle experience
- Minimum tenure of 1-2 years in each previous position held
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and speed while working within tight deadlines
- Exceptional ability to follow oral and written instructions
- A high degree of flexibility and professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive abilities in order to secure accurate and timely payment from patients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communications skills; both verbal and written
- Positive role model for other staff and patients by working with them to promote teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding and logic in day to day activities.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
- Experience working in an Ancillary/Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Teams
- Comfortable with electronic and manual payor follow-up
- Able to quickly identify trends and escalate, as appropriate
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance plans, financial reports, and legal documents
- Tenure of greater than two years at all previous employers with no gaps in employment
- Sitting and typing for an extended period of time
- Reading from a computer screen for an extended period of time
- Work environment of a traditional fast-paced and deadline-oriented office
- Working closely with others
- Frequent verbal communication, primarily over the phone, and face-to-face interaction
- Working independently
- Frequent use of a computer and other office equipment
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service
- $20.00-$23.00 per hour based upon qualifications and experience
About Surgical Notes
Surgical Notes is the premier ASC revenue cycle management and billing services partner. Our expert teams with ASC-specific experience provide scalable billing, transcription, coding, and document management services and solutions that fully integrate with all leading ASC practice management systems. The largest management companies and hundreds of ASCs that partner with Surgical Notes experience and benefit from immediate operational and financial improvements that exceed industry performance levels.
Surgical Notes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We use the personal information collected for the purpose of processing job applications, evaluating candidates for employment, and/or carrying out and supporting HR functions and activities We may share your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sales of Company assets, or acquisition of a portion or of all of our business to another company. If you have any questions regarding this California Job Applicant Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more