MCAT Content Developer at Blueprint LSAT Prep
MCAT Content Developer
Content · Nationwide, California
About the Role
- Blueprint Test Preparation is seeking an MCAT Content Developer to contribute to the continued development of our best-in-class MCAT products.
- In this role, you will work with a team of highly accomplished educators to develop the very best test preparation possible for this high-stakes exam.
- This is a full-time or part-time position that can be based out of our LA headquarters or based remotely. The role will report to our Director of Curriculum.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for contributing to the development of materials for our MCAT products, as well as helping to maintain and improve the quality of our existing resources.
Day-to-day responsibilities will vary significantly but are likely to include:
- Writing and revising practice MCAT passages, questions, and explanations
- Writing and editing content for MCAT prep books
- Writing and editing MCAT video scripts, as well as reviewing produced MCAT/science video to ensure accuracy and overall quality
- Reviewing work done by other team members, part-time employees, and/or contractors
- Working with marketing and operations teams to support current programs by running exam- or science-focused webinar events, developing materials for these events, answering student questions, and otherwise contributing to the quality of our MCAT offerings
- You will be successful in this position if you contribute very high-quality material on spec and on deadline, and if you function well on a collaborative team.
- You will experience a “lack of success” if your output includes mistakes, is late, fails to meet standards of consistency, style, or format, or simply doesn’t speak in the voice of the test-makers.
What You’ll Need To Get The Job Done
- Ability to produce high-quality work with a strong eye to detail, while adhering to a timeline
- Strong desire to help students succeed – we’re here because we want our students to meet their MCAT goals, get into medical school, and make a difference to their patients
- 90%+ MCAT score (or 90%+ score on another graduate school entrance exam along with very substantial and specific MCAT writing experience)
- Ability to work well as part of a team, including comfort with reviewing others’ work and having your own work reviewed
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- College degree, with an advanced degree or strong test prep content development experience, preferred
- A broad background in the sciences at an undergraduate level and/or enthusiasm for learning new material
- Strong preference given to applicants who excel in Physics and Chemistry
Who We Are:
- Blueprint is the leading boutique provider of LSAT and MCAT test preparation.
- We offer several prep options for students, including an online self-study program, in-person and live online classroom options, and live online tutoring.
- We are a founder-led company that started with a simple vision to prep students more effectively than the big companies by making learning more engaging, more entertaining, and more effective.
- We are educators at heart looking to serve our students better every day. We know what’s at stake and we understand what it takes to help students succeed.
We are seeking future team members who display our values:
- Students First
- Own the Result
- Bias for Action
- Never Satisfied
- Authentic and Positive
- Always Learning
We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas. Our team embodies a sense of fun and an unwavering commitment to excellence. We share the belief that we can have a good time while still being the best at what we do.
- Competitive salary at a fast-growing company
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free membership to the gym within the building
- Free employee test prep programs (LSAT or MCAT)
- Family discounts on prep programs
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!