Marketing Paralegal at Facebook
- Los Angeles, CA | Austin, TX | Menlo Park, CA | Washington, DC | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | Remote, US
Facebook seeks an experienced and highly motivated team player to join as a Marketing and IP Paralegal.
The position will work with stakeholders across the company to support multifaceted marketing and promotions initiatives for Facebook and its Augmented/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) teams and conduct marketing legal review of related collateral.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on interesting issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Marketing Paralegal Responsibilities
- Review marketing, sales, consumer electronics packaging, and promotional materials for advertising, intellectual property, and company policy compliance for our U.S, European and Asian markets.
- Assess advertising claims substantiation, prepare disclosures, disclaimers, and support sweepstakes, contest, and promotional offers.
- Experience clearing creative content for copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity, and privacy, and reviewing and negotiating related license agreements.
- Support the naming clearance process by assisting in trademark clearances.
- Experience with marketing in regulated channels and industries, privacy, and consumer protection requirements.
- Provide concise, contextually nuanced, and actionable feedback and collaborate with stakeholders across the company where needed or based on guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge resources, develop marketing best practices, process improvements, and conduct related compliance trainings.
- Apply project management techniques and tools to plan and lead small and large-scale undertakings.
- Associate’s degree
- 5+ consecutive years of experience performing legal review of marketing and promotional initiatives
- Knowledge of intellectual property rights and clearance, consumer electronics packaging, and consumer protection laws and regulations applicable to marketing, advertising claims, and privacy across regulated industries and marketing channels (online, broadcast, retail, phone, influencer, social media, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree, Paralegal Studies degree and/or certificate
- Comfortable with software tools and experience with Microsoft office suite, interest in basic HTML and light web page maintenance
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!