Gatsby is an open-source, modern website generator that builds performance into every website by leveraging the latest web technologies such as React and GraphQL. We make it easy for developers to create fast, compelling websites without needing to become a performance expert. We are a VC-backed startup with a solid open source community (over 30,000 stars on Github). Our core values include transparency (we work in public most of the time); creating a safe, high-trust team; building incredible developer experiences; maintaining a healthy working environment; and helping deliver web experiences that feel amazing to use on every device and connection type.
We provide full-time employees with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday and sick paid time off, and 3 months of parental leave covering both adoption and foster placement.
Details of this role:
- Type of work: Full-time
- Start date: Immediately
- Location: Remote
- The Role: Gatsby is looking for a marketing generalist who can manage marketing operations, plan events, and write copy. This is a hybrid role that requires knowledge about general marketing best practices and flexibility to jump in and help out as needed. This person should be flexible and enjoy working on a small and agile team. Work will include creating scalable processes that ensure best practices in lead generation and database management. You will also conduct data analyses that will be used to inform strategic decisions by stakeholders from across the company. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at once. Some event planning and content writing is required. You should know the principles of lead management and nurturing. Hubspot and Salesforce knowledge is a plus.
Why we’re hiring
Gatsby is growing fast, and we’re building out the marketing team to support this growth. We need an agile marketing manager to join a small team that will embrace the sometimes chaotic and fast paced nature of a startup.
What you’ll do on a day-to-day basis:
- Marketing Automation Manage and build landing pages, lead capture forms, lists, and workflows in Hubspot. Salesforce knowledge is a plus.
- Event planning Organize events including sourcing venues, managing sponsorships, promoting, and capturing leads.
- Campaign Management Manage various campaigns to increase lead generation such as events, webinars, etc. Support these campaigns with landing pages, follow up emails, management of registration lists, etc.
- Scalable processes Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management.
- Reporting Create and maintain metrics reports in Salesforce on marketing activities, effectiveness, and business impact. Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- Data Quality Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database.
- Marketing Systems Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads.
- Ideal candidate has experience working at a technology company and is familiar with website development tools
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and data analysis
- Proficiency in marketing automation systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- Experience working with a Content Management System (Contentful) is a plus but not required
The best parts of this job
- You’ll be at the cutting edge of website development — working at one of the fastest-growing website building frameworks on the market, learning about Gatsby’s innovative build system and modern tools such as Node, React, and GraphQL.
- You’ll be part of a high-performing team at a VC-backed startup. The potential for growth and development is great.
- You’ll get the chance to build something from the ground up. You set the priorities and determine the best way forward (with input from the team).
- You’ll be working in a safe, open environment of talented marketers, engineers, and project managers who have a broad range of experience.
The worst parts of this job
- We are still learning how to manage processes at scale, so things are a bit chaotic at times. We don’t have all our systems written down yet.
- Startups like Gatsby are fast-paced and high energy which means we move quickly and adjust often. That might feel overwhelming at times.
- You will likely have to chase someone down to get answers on occasion.
- Because we’re all remote, it can be challenging to stay connected to the team.