Marketing Copywriter at Thistle
Marketing Copywriter (Contract)
- Growth Marketing
Who We Are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle’s mission is to empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. We deliver delicious, organic, healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed juices and snacks to customers on the West Coast who want to put their nutrition on auto-pilot.
We don’t want to be just another food delivery startup. Our focus is on the health and happiness of our customers, and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at scale.
Thistle is headquartered in San Francisco and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including PowerPlant Ventures – a leading investor in the plant-based space.
About the Role:
Thistle is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, versatile wordsmith to join our team as a contract Copywriter, reporting to our Brand & Marketing Design Lead and available for 10-15 hours of work a week.
What You’ll Do:
- Writing site, email, social copy, and occasionally supporting ad hoc creative copy needs
- Sourcing informative, clever, engaging phrases and quotes for social posts
- Writing short, snappy copy for email, headline, and ad calls to action
- Helping craft a consistent brand voice and persona, and occasionally joining client calls for creative reviews
- Attending team meetings as needed
- Copy editing as needed(landing pages, ads)
- Additional responsibilities as needed, assigned by Brand & Marketing Design Lead
What You’ll Bring:
- A copywriting portfolio(Collection of links, and/or PDF with screenshots is fine!)
- Versatility as a writer: You can be long-winded and vanilla, or craft a perfectly irreverent, laugh-out-loud two-word caption.
- Proven work experience(3+ years) as a Copywriter or similar role
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Google Drive, Dropbox, and MS Office Suite(Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of marketing and social media
- Passion for helping people live healthier lifestyles
- Food & wellness knowledge and expertise is a strong plus
- SEO optimization experience would be a bonus
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field preferred
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!