Marketing and Recruitment Associate at Repair the World
Marketing & Recruitment Associate
Repair the World mobilizes Jews and their communities to take action to pursue a just world. We believe that service in support of social change is vital to a flourishing Jewish community and an inspired Jewish life. By 2030, Repair will inspire and catalyze one million acts of service towards repairing the world.
Over the coming year, Repair the World will power a broad coalition of partner organizations and volunteers to create a national service initiative mobilizing tens of thousands of Jewish young adults and college students in 100,000 acts of meaningful service and learning to address the COVID-19 crisis. Based on an intensive planning process and ongoing evaluation of the COVID-19 pandemic, this initiative will combine virtual volunteering, in-person service, and time-bound service campaigns around specific issue areas, altogether mobilizing tens of thousands of volunteers to serve at nonprofit service partners in 15 cities across the country.
Repair the World is looking for a dynamic professional to manage marketing and recruitment for this new National Service Initiative. With marketing experience, a people-first orientation toward relationships, and proven organizational ability, the Marketing & Recruitment Associate will ensure that the National Service Initiative has incredible Coalition Fellows that fulfill pressing needs related to COVID-19 and that the Coalition’s messaging and brand is compelling and unified.
The position will be a part of Repair’s national team and we are open to hiring great candidates living anywhere in the United States. They will report to the Senior Director, National Coalition for Service and work closely with the Repair teams and partners to develop high-level national recruitment, marketing, and communications materials. This is a one year position starting in late June/early July 2020.
Email Marketing, Social Media and Website Management
- Design and manage day-to-day communications for the National Service Coalition.
- Lead and collaborate across coalition partners (specifically with coalition partners marketing professionals) to promote a compelling and consistent tone, style, and voice of marketing materials that best asserts the Service Initiative’s brand and communications objectives.
- Create and oversee the Coalition’s editorial calendar including structure and timing of email blasts and social media announcements.
- Develop and fulfill email marketing goals for the Coalition’s programming, recruitment, and fundraising.
- Execute and facilitate email marketing at a national and local level including virtual volunteering efforts, and time-bound service campaigns; offering analysis and recommendations for ongoing improvement.
- Advance creative (graphic design) and copy (text) across the initiative, including fundraising, recruitment, and digital campaigns.
- Build out social media content, creating and scheduling posts across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Manage website to deliver content that is fresh and relevant, working across the initiative to reflect the goals of each partner organization accurately and compellingly.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director, National Coalition for Service to set the vision and strategies for recruitment.
- Oversee effective strategies and a cross-organization recruitment team to recruit young adults to serve as Coalition Fellows.
- Implement a robust recruitment plan based on program calendar and timelines of potential applicants including maintaining and growing relationships with representatives of referring organizations, planning and administering social media campaigns, and disseminating print materials.
- Manage the National Service Initiative’s Fellows admissions process, including application, interview, and acceptances.
- Gather, analyze, and learn from data related to Coalition recruitment and admissions, adjust strategies accordingly in real-time, and convert data into long-term learnings.
- 1- 2 years of experience in marketing and communications, and/or recruitment
- Proficient communication skills, specifically around clear, compelling, and persuasive copywriting for digital
- Proficiency using digital systems to manage content (CMS) and relationships (CRM), with a preference for experience for Pardot and Salesforce
- Understanding of WordPress, Facebook (including Ads Manager), Twitter, and Instagram
- Knowledge of best practice and trends in digital marketing
- Creative problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently, and follow through on projects to completion
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong understanding and commitment to working through a social and racial lens
- Understanding and experience with A/B testing, across email, social media, and website
- Digital advertising experience, including Google AdWords and SEO
- Graphic design: experience with Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Basic understanding of HTML for email
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
Compensation for this role is dependent on location and starts at $50,000 if you are in New York City and have 2 years of relevant experience, but will be adjusted based on cost of living if you reside elsewhere. Benefits package includes paid time off for service in addition to vacation and holidays, employer pays 100% for employee medical/dental/vision coverage and 50% for dependents, retirement matching, and professional development funds. In addition, employees that have been with Repair for at least a year are eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!