Market Development – Marketing Specialist II at USA TODAY
Market Development – Marketing Specialist II
The Customer Journey and Automation team 1) develops audiences, 2) drives known users across the network, and 3) drives pre-and post-purchase engagement through customer journeys. Core customer journey’s include lead nurture, Einstein AI, cart abandonment, subscriber engagement and re-engagement.
The Digital Marketing Specialist supports the execution of digital marketing initiatives across USA TODAY and the USA TODAY NETWORK of daily local news properties, with the goal of developing audiences and increasing our base of known users. This position supports digital marketing efforts across a variety of initiatives: audience development campaigns, pre-purchase nurturing, cart abandonment, registration, etc.
The ideal candidate will have technical, creative and analytical expertise with a passion for marketing innovation. You’ll need to be able conceptualize ideas, write detailed creative briefs, manage schedules, deploy campaigns, and summarize data at a high level, collaborating across a highly matrixed organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, manages, launches and measures marketing campaigns, delivering analytics and supporting CRM activities
- Coordinates campaign workflows: manages deadlines, writes creative briefs, gathers approvals for all campaigns/initiatives
- Manages full QA of all ad hoc email sends and performs regular QA of all customer journey emails
- Supports the Manager of Customer Journeys in the tactical setup and optimization of customer journeys in ExactTarget/Journey Builder – driving audience engagement, acquisition and retention.
- Assists with reporting, insights, and ongoing QA/optimization of existing lifecycle journeys.
- Communicates performance, results and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Supports ongoing registration and audience development campaigns, driving known users onsite
- Maintain project plans, schedules, and tasks
- Tracks and reports progress for all campaigns
- Supports the larger Customer Journey and Retention team as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Business or related field.
- 3+ years of consumer marketing experience, with heavy emphasis on email marketing.
- Experience running multi-channel campaigns
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget/Journey Builder) or similar marketing suite
- Proven experience writing copy, managing the creative development process, implementing email campaigns and tracking results
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
- Strategic and creative with ability to design/implement marketing plans and campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Experience creating and deploying large-scale and/or complex email campaigns
- Familiarity with CRM or other form of database management
- Experience tracking and reporting marketing campaigns, converting data into actionable insights.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Job Family: Marketing Administration
Job Function: Marketing
Pay Type: Salary
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!