Managing Video Producer at BuzzFeed
Title: Managing Video Producer
Location: Los Angeles
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We’ll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Editorial
Salary band: 72,000-85,000 USD
Union Status: NonUnion
BuzzFeed inc. is looking for a Managing Video Producer to oversee the day-to-day video operations of the Adaptations Team within the Content Org. The ideal candidate is passionate about managing several short-form video initiatives simultaneously, able to organize tasks efficiently to meet strict deadlines, and has a deep technical understanding of video editing, photo editing, and digital animation programs within the Adobe suite. Through a deep understanding of post-production efficiencies, project management, social media platform best practices, and the ever-changing digital media landscape, you will work in tandem with the Supervising Producer on Video Scale and Strategic Partnerships to publish a large volume of videos, without sacrificing quality, to half a dozen brands within BuzzFeed and leverage multiple internal editors to tackle external video partnerships throughout the year. Your knowledge of making data-driven decisions behind video curation and publication will be imperative to setting and working towards meeting quarterly video watch time, and revenue goals.
You will be responsible for ensuring video editing best practices are met and, with the Supervising Producer, will routinely audit processes and workflows to set direct reports up for success. You will consistently bring strong ideas and creative problem-solving to operate within the team budget and explore new audience growth and/or revenue opportunities. Must be well-versed in all things content, pop culture, and social media trends.
You embody dependability, value communication, and are vocal about new ideas you’d like to explore with the help of others in a hyper-creative environment.
- Serve as a leader who hones the ever-changing creative and technical challenge of maintaining and scaling an existing team of Junior Editors, identifying and facilitating the execution of improvements to help meet and ideally exceed expectations
- Determine and communicate creative decisions to the team
- Inspire a team of Junior Editors to create work that best represents the array of BuzzFeed brands cross-platform
- Plan and lead technical workshops, listening and feedback sessions, and creative brainstorming meetings
- Strategize across multiple audiences, start new initiatives that generate revenue, and can pinpoint opportunities for audience growth
- Be able to shift operations at a moment’s notice with minimal impact on core business functions
- Give weekly data-driven feedback on dozens of videos
- Able to come up with well-thought-out formats worthy of experimentation
- Analyze the results of your team’s work to apply learnings to future projects
- Able to convey complex technical ideas understandably when working with cross-department stakeholders
- Able to know the ins and outs of BuzzFeed inc. resources to leverage whenever possible for new projects
- Understand and be able to communicate team priorities and how the Adaptations team can support additional initiatives
- Successfully resolve conflict through effective and empathetic communication
- Be able to establish, maintain and foster a fun and collaborative work environment both remotely and in person.
- 5+ years experience as a Lead Editor, Lead Producer, or Managing Video Producer in the Digital Media landscape
- 5+ years of proven experience creating and publishing compelling content
- In-depth knowledge of video production, post-production, color grading, and motion graphics creation
- Understanding of cultural significance, the importance of diversity and inclusion in both content and in person
- A deep understanding of how to create and monetize shareable content for a variety of media platforms
- A deep understanding of platform best practices
- Eagerness to both learn and be challenged daily
- The ability to recognize one’s mistakes but demonstrate resilience by learning from short-comings
- Experience giving creative notes and workshopping creative ideas to identify workflow efficiencies
- Leadership-level experience and comfort with being a regular contributor to virtual team meetings and team on-site
- Superior detail-orientated multitasking skills
- Familiarity with off-platform audience growth and development
- The ability to routinely brainstorm potential new revenue streams
- Excellent copy editing skills
- An open mind, curiosity, and a passion for short-form storytelling
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.