Freelance Managing Editor
Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 10 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
We need an experienced managing editor to execute a sponsored content campaign. We are looking for someone who can do a bit of everything: a project manager, an editor, and a content strategist. This role is part-time freelance, we estimate it will require 10-15 hours of work per week. Being Berlin-based is a plus, but not a requirement.
Clue has received an educational grant from a pharmaceutical company to produce content about topics related to hormones and birth control. The Managing Editor will oversee this campaign, and the production of 3 to 4 new articles each month through the end of 2019.
Please note that the campaign will not be focused on narrative features, but research-intensive health articles. Examples of this kind of content can be found on our website here: https://helloclue.com/articles/cycle-a-z
The Managing Editor will work with Clue’s Head of Content and Content Manager to make sure that the editorial, ethical, and scientific standards of Clue are maintained.
- Plan and assign deadlines and publication dates in the calendar, according to set monthly themes
- Hire and manage the work of freelance writers and researchers
- Manage effective collaboration at every step of the production process, ensuring timely delivery while being flexible when necessary
- Make first round edits
- Publish articles in the CMS
- Run monthly campaign planning meetings
- Weekly check-in calls
- At least 3-5 years experience in a managing editor, content manager, editor in chief, and/or editorial project manager role
- Created an editorial process in one of your previous roles
- Experience with editing (structure and line-edits) of science communication, journalism, or other evidence-based, resource-intensive written work
- Experience managing a team of writers, fact-checkers, and designers
- Experience producing branded content and familiarity with the ethical and editorial considerations and questions involved