Managing Editor at Informa
- 2901 28th St, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Informa Markets – Engineering offers live and digital platforms for engineering professionals across industries to discover solutions, network with peers, and source new products and partnerships. Our range of in-person trade shows, educational conferences, virtual events, and digital resources help our customers own their markets, offering them innovative ways to secure leads, reach new audiences, and grow their brands.
Our event brands span industries, including MD&M and BIOMEDevice (medical device manufacturing), ATX (automation technology), The Battery Show (battery and energy storage), Drive World (automotive intelligence), DesignCon (systems design), Plastec (plastics), International Powder & Bulk Solids (bulk processing), and more. These events are complemented by our audience-specific media brands, including MD+DI, Design News, Packaging Digest, PlasticsToday, Battery Technology, and Powder & Bulk Solids.
Medical Device & Diagnostics Industry (MD+DI), the primary B2B media brand for professionals in the medical device and diagnostics industry, is seeking a Managing Editor to produce high-quality content aimed at helping engineers working in medtech stay on top of the technologies enabling next-generation medical devices.
As Managing Editor, you’ll follow supplier and academic-level developments to learn about the latest in medtech materials, components, and manufacturing processes. We want you to identify emerging trends and help our readers understand how to incorporate those developments into their next lifesaving or life-improving device.
- Cover exciting developments from suppliers and R&D labs, often going beyond the press release to identify emerging trends and true innovation; help our readership understand how new materials, components, manufacturing processes, etc. can move their medical device and diagnostics products forward
- Write compelling and diverse content in a variety of lengths and formats, ranging from news briefs to Q&As to multi-sourced features to multimedia content
- Recruit, edit, and optimize high-quality technical content from industry experts aimed at helping engineers and other medtech professionals design, develop, manufacture, and gain regulatory clearance or approval for medical device and diagnostic products
- Identify and stay on top of key trends in medical device design and development
- Maintain positive professional relationships with authors, freelancers, industry experts, key clients, and other internal and external contacts
- Contribute to brand success via brainstorming and input during team meetings
- Use web analytics to understand what subject matter resonates with readers to inform editorial planning
- Assist with the production of webinars, ebooks, slideshows, and other special projects and features
- Support IME live and digital events via coverage, education, and participation at events, as appropriate
- Perform other duties as required
- Four-year degree in Journalism or a related field, with at least seven years of experience in an editorial, content, or media-related position
- Experience with writing and editing technical content for engineers or a technical audience, medtech experience a major plus
- Ability to post content on daily deadline
- Understanding of and experience with basic web analytics platforms (Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics)
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs, platforms, and tools
- Experience with prominent social media platforms a plus
- SEO knowledge a major plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.