School of Motion is looking for a Managing Content Editor to help polish and streamline our online written presence.
Do you love writing? Is your office full of red pens? Do you have a strong opinion about the Oxford comma? This might be the perfect job for you. School of Motion is looking for a Managing Content Editor to help us polish our written online presence.
Our Managing Content Editor will be responsible for onboarding, managing, and developing our team of content contributors. You will be responsible for organizing and overseeing the creation of articles, tutorials, and podcasts for School of Motion. As such, much of your day will be spent overseeing content creation from both in-house and outside contributors.
Your Day to Day will include:
- Editing Copy
- Managing a network of content contributors and freelancers
- Helping to set and stick to realistic deadlines for all content pieces
- Wrangling all deliverables
- Making sure that all delivery specs are up to standards
- All the producer-y stuff
As a Content Editor for School of Motion you will also be tasked with editing great Motion Design content, articles, emails, pages, and more. This is a job for a serious grammar nerd. As a Content Editor you will edit written content across School of Motion’s ecosystem including:
- Landing Pages
- FAQs Pages
- Internal Documentation
- Sales Materials
Our content covers many Motion Design topics, from After Effects and Cinema 4D to landing pages and support macros. As such, ideal candidates should be comfortable with editing highly technical content in a collaborative environment. You don’t have to be a professional motion designer, but you do need to edit and collaborate on content written about motion design.
As a Content Editor your time will be spent polishing our public-facing content. Your attention to detail will help School of Motion achieve our content objectives and deliver a highly-curated educational experience. You will directly report to our Marketing Manager.
As a Managing Content Editor will work with our network of contributors and in-house writers to see articles, tutorials, and podcasts through to completion. You will be tasked with working with our contributors to outline, critique, and edit content from idea to publication.
We are looking for a detail oriented person who can see assigned tasks through to completion. You should have experience editing online content and giving feedback to others on both written and video content.
We always have new and exciting projects to work on, and you’ll be in the middle of it all. This is your chance to make a difference in the world’s most exciting industry.
- 2-3 Years Editing Experience
- At least 2 Years of Project Management Experience
- A Love of Writing
- Strong Time-Management Skills
- Familiarity with Photoshop and Indesign
- Familiarity with Motion Design and Graphic Design
- Video Production/Editing Experience
- Cover letter which includes your favorite life hack
- Link to your online author page / portfolio
- A writing sample
About School of Motion
At School of Motion we’re trying to reinvent the way students learn online by combining the best parts of a traditional brick-and-mortar school with technology that allows our students to receive the elite Motion Design training from anywhere in the world. Our mission is to break down the barriers to learning, mastering, and working in Motion Design. We currently have ten comprehensive courses, over 5,000 Alumni, dozens of Teaching Assistants, and a small team of full-time staff working diligently to keep everything running! And this is only the beginning…
Our Core Values:
Our core values embody our team dynamic and our voice. We are rebellious, helpful, effective, playful, and curious. If you would like to work with us, you should be all of these things too:
- We don’t like to do things just because they’ve always been done that way. Be skeptical of the status quo and constantly improve.
- There is no such thing as “not my job”. Help out in any way you can, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
- We do things fast and smart. We automate if it makes sense. We skip the meeting if its not immediately beneficial to the mission.
- No Bad Vibes. Don’t take yourself too seriously, it’s only Animation.
- Have interests, pursue them ruthlessly. Share your weirdness.
Some important information…
While School of Motion does not discriminate on the basis of citizenship or national origin, we may only employ United States citizens and people who are authorized to work in the United States. As long as you meet that criteria, you can work from wherever that is comfortable for you! We’re a fully remote team that primarily operates on Eastern Standard Time, and if you are local to Sarasota, Providence, or Los Angeles then you can come work with us in person.
Salary starting at $50,000 and may be higher depending on your experience and fit for the role.
We have some great benefits!
- We cover 100% of your health insurance and a portion for your spouse and children
- We have an extremely flexible time off policy. Work wherever you want with an internet connection.
- Access to a 401K plan after one year of employment
- Profit based bonus program
- Saying that we have a very casual work environment is an understatement, just be you.
- An exceptional giphy game.
The position does require domestic travel at least twice per year when we all get together for company retreats and industry conferences (they are fun!).
School of Motion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
School of Motion is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at School of Motion are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate
- Experience Level
- Preferred Skill Set
- Job Type
Location: US Locations Only