Title: Manager, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting
Location: Distributed, AMER
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Finance team is seeking a Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager excited to join a small financial reporting team in a fast-growing technology company. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of responsibilities and someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, and high energy company. You will report to our Senior Director of Financial Reporting in this role.
What You Will Be Doing:
With direction from your leader and others across the business, you will drive timely and accurate completion of statutory reporting requirements across a number of international entities and resolve project roadblocks as needed.
- Lead the evaluation and adoption of accounting standard updates, including drafting and maintaining relevant accounting policies.
- Draft technical accounting memos for new accounting pronouncements/complex and non-standard transactions
- Partner and coordinate cross-functionally to understand business transactions and effectively communicate accounting issues.
- Review complex transactions to identify accounting risks and recommend appropriate accounting
- Review accounting areas subject to estimates, judgments, and complexity for appropriate accounting
- Propose improvements to processes and internal controls
- Establish strong working relationships and collaborate with various internal groups, including accounting, tax, legal and treasury
- Perform stock-based compensation accounting and equity reconciliation
- Assist in month, quarter, and year-end close processes as necessary
What You Bring Along:
- You have an active CPA (or equivalent credentials) and prior experience in financial reporting
- You have experience in a dynamic, high-growth, global environment
- You’ve grown a team in the past (mandatory)
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of external audit, accounting, and/or financial reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent technical, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel. Experience with large ERP system (NetSuite preferred),
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.