Manager OCC at Blackhawk Network
- ID: 2020-12779
- Category: Operations
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Location: US-
About Blackhawk Network:
At Blackhawk Network, we shape the future of global branded payments through the prepaid products, technologies and network that connect brands and people. Our collaborative innovation and scalable, security-minded solutions help our partners to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. We believe our future holds great things for Blackhawk Network and its partners. We believe that together, we can shape the future. Our beliefs? Win as one team, be innovative, global excellence and be inspiring!
So, what are you waiting for? Shape your career and join our global network
The first responsibility is handling critical escalations in the Operation Control Center. They are responsible for all Class 1-3 incident tickets, driving them to resolution. They are the primary leader in coordinating the efforts of the Control Center and our external partners through our incident management process. They act as the final authority in ensuring that the work is completed as quickly as possible. They will need to incorporate a risk-based approach to the job, and all their decisions need to be weighed. They need to understand and evaluate the risks of not only performing an action but also those from not performing an action before taking any course.
- Proactively finds potential site issues and takes initiative to address them in a timely fashion.
- The TDO is also responsible for providing concise communications of events, both verbally and written. They need to ensure that incident documentation is complete and can be used for executive briefings as well as the starting point for the problem management process.
- Coordinate the activities of and provides leadership to others, particularly Control Center staff, Site Reliability Engineering, and Release Management as well as cross functional teams.
- Understand the impact various systems have on the business.
- Provides guidance to others around impact.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in the industry and provides an opportunity assessment for internal deployments.
- The TDO needs to have a solid background in the software and systems that are used throughout the BHN environment as well as have a complete understanding of the complexity of the BHN application stack. They should be well versed in the middleware software that is being used to support the BHN applications.
- Organized and detailed mind that is as capable of considering the big picture as it is delving into the gritty specifics that define day-to-day troubleshooting.
- Unafraid to take the lead; who understands the importance of process as a means for defining good business practices, rather than as an excuse to avoid ownership and responsibility.
- Confidence in his/her abilities; and who can immediately step into a leadership role, demand the respect of experienced staff.
- Advanced understanding of technical concepts required for a specialized field.
- Advanced in multiple systems technologies in use at BHN and exhibit leadership in at least one area of expertise.
- Familiarity with all domain technologies to handle any routine task or issue that may occur in day-to-day activities.
- Know BHN processes and interactions required to provision and support systems on the site.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!