Manager – Indirect Tax Technology, Data and Analytics at DoorDash
Title: Manager – Indirect Tax Technology, Data & Analytics
Location: United States – Remote
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an experienced Manager, Indirect Tax Technology to join our growing Tax Team. This role will be a key contributor to the Tax Team and will be responsible for supporting our technology with an emphasis on the data needs of the indirect tax function.
As DoorDash continues to grow its global footprint across multiple business lines, we are looking for a candidate with experience implementing and supporting indirect tax technologies and managing and analyzing large volumes of data. This person will support and grow our unique social community via your blend of technology, indirect tax knowledge, data management skills and relationship building skills with cross-functional teams.
About the Role
You will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Tax Technology and play an integral role in DoorDash’s Indirect Tax function, assisting in managing the portfolio of its indirect tax and related technology applications and assessing and improving our reporting capabilities related to compliance and planning activities.
As a member of this team, you will be assisting the Company on the design, implementation, and operation of tax solutions and related processes to support the Company’s exponential growth.
The primary focus of this position is end to end tax solutions for sales and use taxes, consumption based taxes, gross receipts taxes, and VAT.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Identify and apply best practices for tax systems, processes and reporting strategies.
- Work cross functionally to identify and document business, functional and technical requirements to support new business initiatives and to enhance existing system functionality.
- Understand, validate, and govern new and existing data used throughout the tax team
- Develop and implement scalable and easy to use reporting solutions both individually, and with our business intelligence counterparts
- Address ad-hoc reporting requirements and find pathways for automation
- Manage reliability and scaling of portfolio of reports
- Mentor and coach team members to improve their designs and solutions
- Participate in defining the Company’s indirect tax technology and data needs, including the maintenance of existing systems.
- Prepare documentation related to our data structures, indirect tax systems and processes.
We’re excited about you because
- You have 6+ years of experience in a corporate tax department, public accounting or technology consulting firm or other related experience. Experience with Indirect Taxes in the US and familiarity with other Countries Indirect Tax regimes.
- Hands on experience implementing and configuring Vertex O Series, premise and/or on demand based, application.
- Knowledge of Alteryx, XML, Postman, SQL, Snowflake and other data management technologies.
- You are capable of managing large projects for long term initiatives, while also delivering on short term goals.
- Project management experience, including creation of project plans, milestones, and due dates.
- Ability to mentor professionals.
- Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or Computer Science degree.
- Familiarity with Data Governance concepts
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.