Manager, Data Science at PRA Health Sciences
Manager, Data Science
- Job Locations: (All) | US-Remote
- ID: 2021-75601
Symphony Healthis a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
At Symphony Health, we pride ourselves on beingCollaborativeand customer centric. We do this by focusing on five key values:
- Love the Customerby consistently exceeding expectations
- Focus on Brilliant Executionby being detailed and accountable
- Leapfrog the CompetitionbyDifferentiatingourselves and providing innovative solutions
- Builda High-Performance Culture that does not accept mediocrity
- Make it FunbyConnectingas one passionate high-energy team.
Connect with Symphony!Collaboratewith Customers! DifferentiateYourself!
This is an exciting position available on our Advanced Analytics team. Utilizing successful experience in the healthcare data science industry, the Manager, Data Science will be a hands on participant and leader of crucial and time sensitive projects. Overall, the Manager, Data Science provides leadership, people management, and tactical input on the planning and execution of data science initiatives that drive business results by establishing performance standards and effective operational planning and execution.
- Responsible for strategic design, implementation, integration, testing, validation, documentation, review, maintenance and accessibility of resources which enable effective and reliable data science, data visualization and business intelligence.
- Applies knowledge of general business functions and systems to develop strategies, operational plans and standards to support achievement of department, business and corporate goals.
- Maintains effective team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; and developing employees’ professional growth opportunities.
- Achieves staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Manages people, projects, and products supporting department goals to improve company efficiency, compliance, profitability and stakeholder satisfaction.
What do you need to have?
- 6 years’ relevant experience including 2 years in a leadership capacity, in the commercial healthcare industry.
- Experience working with prescription and patient claims data preferred.
- Knowledge of machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Knowledge of relational databases, scripting languages, and statistical computing packages, including R, Python, Hadoop, and Oracle
- Knowledge of applied statistics, including regression models.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage team resources to ensure attainment of department objectives.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics or similar subject, or international equivalent
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education and experience stated above. All employees must read, write and speak fluent English and host country language. This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!