Long Term Disability Claims Specialist
Location: Portland, ME, US, Home1
Job Location: United States: Virtual
Requisition #: 109414
Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role provides exemplary customer service by processing group disability claims in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conducts reviews and analyses and corresponds with relevant parties.
- Supports the maintenance of customer-specific data to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Handle second level escalated customer contacts and phone referrals requiring additional research.
- Manages an assigned caseload of moderately complex claims.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High school diploma
- 1 year of LTD claims experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking in activities requiring analysis, investigation, and/or planning
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.