Litigation Editor at ALM
Discover where your talent fits best at ALM…
At ALM, we’re reinventing the way professionals use information, news, data, marketing solutions and events to manage the business of business. That requires creativity, collaboration, and innovation. Headquartered in New York City and with offices worldwide, ALM brands have been serving their markets since 1843. Join our team of talented ALMers working to create an exceptional experience for our audiences and customers across the globe.
Who We Are…
ALM is a business-to-business information and intelligence media company that delivers premium content to professionals in the legal, financial services, benefits, consulting, property and casualty insurance, and real estate industries.
ABOUT THE TEAM: As part of ALM’s global newsroom, the litigation team is focused on cutting edge legal issues, consequential court cases, emerging trends in litigation—and the lawyers, judges and other professionals who are part of that world. We cover geographic centers including New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami and Atlanta, and our team includes a mix of senior and more junior reporters working collaboratively with editors across the country. Our team is committed to quality journalism and innovative thinking as we cover this area for a demanding and sophisticated business audience.
ABOUT THE POSITION: ALM Media is looking to hire a Litigation Editor who loves talking to sources, knows how to mine a beat for scoops and can find insights in legal stories that are often well covered by mainstream news outlets. This is a high-profile assignment for a journalist who wants to edit and write for a national audience.
We are looking for an individual who is equipped to break news, write/edit sophisticated analysis and have a voice on social media. This position will work with reporters across the nation, including Washington, D.C., New York City, Atlanta and San Francisco. Coverage includes some of the nation’s largest litigation and the law firms behind those lawsuits, legal issues coming out of Capitol Hill, and the federal judiciary.
This person will be responsible for editing and helping write daily stories, planning out and executing on long-term enterprise, and oversee the production of several weekly newsletters. This is an opportunity to join one of the most visible and fastest growing premier Business-to-Business media companies in the country.
- Must be able to edit cleanly and quickly, and also coach reporters on daily as well as long-term assignments
- Must be able to write clearly, engagingly and authoritatively—and on a deadline.
- Must be able to establish and nurture relationships with lawyers, judges and lawmakers.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to juggle a stream of daily stories on tight deadlines with features and analysis.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must have good communication and time management skills and be a team player good at collaboration
- Ability to take feedback and be adaptable
- Must be creative, curious and enthusiastic about using social platforms, video, interactive data, and other digital tools to enhance reporting and connect with readers.
- Ideally, 2-3 years’ experience in a daily news environment and some experience with legal or business journalism is preferred, though recent grads are welcome.
Why you should join ALM…
- Generous Benefit Plans for Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage
- 401(K) Plan With Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days & Sick Days)
- Summer Fridays – Early Office Closure
- 10-12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Dependent Care & Medical Expenses
- Parental Leave
- Career Development Learning & Training Opportunities
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Coverage
- Corporate Discounts Including Gym Memberships, Gift Certificates, Sporting Events, Movie Tickets
- Flexible Work Schedules
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!