Legal Research Librarian at HBR Consulting
Legal Research Librarian – Contract
- Job ID 2020-1562
- # of Openings 1
- Job Locations US-TX-Houston | US-National – US | US-REMOTE –
- US Practice Group Advisory Strategic Sourcing + Business Optimization
HBR Consulting LLC (HBR) is seeking legal research librarians to join our Research + Information Solutions team. In this role, you will provide high quality research services and work product to our clients.
Most of our placements are remote/virtual on a national basis, but you may be offered onsite placement at a client office depending on your physical location.
This opporutnity is available on a contractual basis on a national basis.
- Support a specific client engagement for project
- Perform high quality in-depth legal, corporate and other research to support the client’s librarians, attorneys, paralegals and staff using a variety of resources
- Monitor and respond to research requests and coordinate this effort with research team members across all locations
- Prioritize and respond to requests, analyze and synthesize results, compile answers and communicate research findings in a clear and concise manner
- Learn and adopt the specific policies and procedures of the client’s law library department
- Provide excellent customer service
- 5 years+ experience in a law firm library in a reference/research position and expertise in legal and corporate research, required
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree in Librarianship or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution or JD from an ABA-accredited institution is preferred.
- Knowledge of standard research resources including, but not limited to, Westlaw, LexisNexis, Bloomberg Law, etc.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of general electronic research databases, both fee-based and free, subject-specific databases, and legal analytics tools, required
- Excellent communication skills, to effectively deliver and explain research findings to attorneys both verbally and through written summaries and analysis
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and to collaborate with client’s team and other contract researchers to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Reliable internet connection for virtual working
- Ability to work virtually or onsite at client’s office, if needed
HBR Consulting LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!