Legal Editor Privacy and Data Security at Thomson Reuters
Legal Editor Privacy & Data Security Remote
Practical Law US is looking for a Legal Editor to join our Privacy & Data Security team. This role can be located out of a home office anywhere in the United States if the candidate does not live near a Thomson Reuters office.
- Working with Senior Legal Editors to research, draft, and edit core privacy & data security legal know-how resources for Practical Law’s online services and Data Privacy Advisor.
- Developing new ideas for privacy content, including practice notes, standard documents and clauses, and checklists.
- Writing, editing, and publishing legal updates on privacy & data security topics.
- Working on creation of the Data Privacy Advisor Global Bulletin.
- Monitoring legal, practice, and/or market developments globally and maintaining current awareness on privacy & data security topics.
- Completing regular interim and annual maintenance of privacy & data security resources.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with external law firm contributors.
- Providing additional editorial support, as needed.
- Supporting non-content related tasks, as needed.
- Supporting the sales and marketing teams in their efforts to market privacy & data security content.
- JD required.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience working as a data privacy lawyer in a law firm or in-house with experience in non-US privacy matters.
- Understand data protection requirements and concepts under US and global data protection laws.
- Experience in a broad range of privacy, data protection, and data security matters.
- Experience handling regulatory compliance matters under data protection laws in the US, EU, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America.
- Understand current market issues and proposals to enact, amend, or change privacy and data security laws and regulations.
- Understand the needs and priorities of both law firm attorneys and in-house counsel.
- Analytical and research skills and the ability to identify key issues.
- Ability to research, draft, and edit complex core resources.
- Enthusiasm and ambition with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- Skill and passion for writing, including: very close attention to detail; impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to constantly collaborate with and support team members.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for working on a dynamic editorial team.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America;Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;Dallas-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Req #: JREQ133114
Job Function: Publishing / Editorial
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!