Lead Software Architect at SingleOps
Lead Software Architect
Why You’ll Love Working at SingleOps:
Growth Mindset, Customer Success, We Before Me, Simplicity, Get Stuff Done How You Want
These are the values that define who we are and that have driven our team to achieve significant growth and impact. Just this past year we were recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies and a ‘Top 10 Best Place to Work in Atlanta’. Our objective is for every member of our team to achieve personal growth, career advancement, and to make a serious impact on the lives of our customers.
Our product is used daily by thousands of green industry professionals (landscapers, arborists, irrigation technicians, etc.) all across North America, and has processed over $1.5 billion in revenue on behalf of our customers. The green industry is in the early innings of adopting CRM and field service software, and the SingleOps product is enabling this industry evolution. Our customers use SingleOps to manage their customer records, perform estimates & sell work, schedule crews, invoice & receive payment, and to understand critical data about their business like real-time profitability.
When we transition a green industry business from pen and paper, spreadsheets, or poor-fit software to SingleOps the results can be transformative. Our customers grow revenue, increase profitability, and get more done in less time. We frequently hear things from our customers like “I was able to take my first vacation in years” or “I am now able to spend more time with my family” because of SingleOps. This level of impact is unique to our opportunity and it is truly rewarding.
We are looking for like-minded people who enjoy challenging and fulfilling work to join our mission in redefining an age-old industry. Our team is highly collaborative, innovative, supportive, and we have a lot of fun. If this speaks to you, we want to meet you!
We are scaling our development team and product as we prepare for new growth and invest in the technology stack. Our engineering team is eager to collaborate with a Lead Architect that will help guide our team through the technology challenges ahead.
As Lead Architect, you will work closely with the Director of Engineering and the rest of the development team to improve the SingleOps technology stack. You will shape the direction of our architecture as we face new scaling and development challenges.
We’re Looking For:
We are seeking an experienced Rails architect who exemplifies our core values and has experience in guiding software through scaling and architecture challenges. You should enjoy researching and learning about new technologies while focusing on delivering value for the customer.
Outcomes You Will Drive:
- Develop a plan in 90 days to guide the technology investments for the next year.
- Guide framework updates, dev ops decisions and new technology selection.
- Assist in code reviews, team training and coding standards.
- Guide the design and development of new features, as well as help develop them.
- 10 years of development experience.
- 5+ years of Rails experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with React, Angular or similar front-end frameworks.
- Experience mentoring and training developers.
- Experience with performance optimization in Rails.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud-based server frameworks.
- Experience scaling a cloud-based product.
- Experience with security and testing best practices
A few ways to stand out, but not required:
- Experience with React and / or React Native.
- Experience with PayFac development
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (we do not sponsor at this time)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!