Lead QA Engineer at Tinuiti
Lead QA Engineer
- Location: Remote
- Analytics Division Any Location Full Time
The Lead QA Engineer will be responsible for owning the overall quality for all data products by building and mentoring the QA team and establishing standards and processes for product quality across Tinuiti’s Data Services division. This role will work cross functionally with Product Management, Data Engineering and stakeholder teams and be a key part of the software development lifecycle to ensure data products are of high quality.
- Translate requirements into effective test plans, test cases, test automation and execution to meet functional requirements, performance requirements and acceptance criteria
- Establish a process for consistent documentation and tracking of defects and bugs identified during testing
- Collaborate with Product Management and Data Engineering to resolve outstanding issues
- Develop and execute on regression and performance testing plans
- Establish quality assurance best practices and benchmarks and drive adoption across the QA team
- Constantly strive to identify and execute on opportunities for data quality improvements
- Coach and mentor individual QA team members, provide guidance and oversee day-to-day function of the QA team members
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Perspective – Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year experience leading or managing the quality assurance practice
- 4+ years of experience in quality assurance
- Proven track record of delivering high quality data products in a timely fashion
- Experience with QA tools for test automation and performance testing
- Experience working with data stack components in the cloud such as data collection platforms, cloud storage, databases, data warehouses, BI tools etc. (Funnel.io, Alight Analytics, Segment.io, Stitch data, Fivetran, AWS S3, Redshift, Google Cloud Platform, Tableau, Looker, Domo, Data Studio)
- Experience working with Python and SQL
- Comfortable working in an agile environment with a cross functional and globally distributed team including offshore teams with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Knowledge of the advertising and marketing landscape is a plus
Tinuiti is a performance and data-driven digital marketing leader, focused on every aspect of the customer journey across the quadropoly of Google, Facebook/Instagram, Amazon, Apple, and beyond. We believe success requires specialization across all channels, and our offerings cover the full spectrum from paid to earned to owned media. Our goal when we come to work every day is simple – to grow happiness. For our clients, their customers, our people and our partners. Growing happiness guides everything we do and our core values – Unleash Greatness, Never Stop Learning, Ignite Your Passion, Thankful Living, and Inspire Innovation & Change – inspire us to maintain a culture where our people take pride in their work and have fun doing it.
Disclaimer: This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Tinuiti is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Working Conditions: Working indoors, sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, lifting no more than 10 pounds.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!