Lead Product Designer (UX + UI)
REMOTE · El Segundo, California, United States · Product
RxVantage is a small company making a big impact. Located in El Segundo, CA, we create software to transform the way physicians receive education about the latest medical breakthroughs and technology, to improve patient care. To date, we’ve powered over 5 million educational exchanges between physicians and life science companies. We have an important mission, proven product-market fit, a great team and technology that’s second to none. We are on the hunt for exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their lives and help build a great company.
We’re looking for our Lead Product Designer (UX and UI) to own design of all future RxVantage experiences. This is a vital role at the company as we continue to scale and we expect the person to not only contribute to the vision for new features, but also own the craft and finish of every detail in the product. The ideal person for our team is someone who is equally comfortable conducting research with customers as they are designing elegant systems and components so our developers can create amazing experiences for our users. You clearly articulate the why behind your design choices, collaborate well with others, constantly challenge assumptions and thrive in a fast moving startup environment.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we should chat.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own UX and visual design across our web, iOS and Android apps
- Plan and conduct user research activities, competitive audits and analyze data to fuel product roadmap and designs
- Work with all teams (product, support, dev, design, marketing, sales) to gather and document feature requests and feedback
- Work with product to define and document project scope, goals, required resources, and deliverables
- Create all necessary design artifacts including sitemaps, user flows, personas, wireframes, visual designs, prototypes, and animations
- Create and maintain style guides, UI kits, pattern libraries and component systems
- Be a UX and design champion, helping to instill a design thinking approach and philosophy across the company
- Select and effectively manage freelancers and small firms to collaborate with on specific projects, and eventually recruit additional full time resources as needed
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement in processes and standards for the design process as well as the entire team
What you should have:
- 6+ years of experience designing software applications for web and mobileHighly collaborative and comfortable speaking with stakeholders, product managers, developers, QA, sales, marketing and support.
- You have exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal). You’re also not afraid to make difficult decisions and have difficult conversations.
- Analytical with excellent troubleshooting skills. You can identify problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Experienced with all facets of product design: research, interaction, and visual.
- You’ve delivered style guides, UI kits, prototypes, wireframes, sitemaps, and research reports.
- Are an expert in Sketch, InVision and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have a portfolio demonstrating a clear design process from discovery and research to final hand-off of design to dev team
We believe you do your best work when you feel your best. Here are just a few benefits we’re proud to offer.
Learning & Development
We support the ongoing growth of our team members through dedicated personal learning and development budgets.
We offer comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance for you and your family.
We have a flexible policy that enables individuals to work from just about anywhere and avoid the LA traffic.
RxVantage is an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.