Lead Product Designer at Plastiq
Lead Product Designer
- REMOTE – USA
- PRODUCT – PRODUCT DESIGN
As a Lead Product Designer, you’ll work alongside the product team to help design the next generation of Plastiq. We are a small, multi-disciplined team looking for our newest member. We have a variety of projects in the pipeline, from adding new payment delivery methods to changing the way that businesses engage with Plastiq entirely. There are countless UX challenges and opportunities that will allow you to utilize your full range of skills showcasing product design, interaction design, and visual design. If you’re looking for a team that values the importance of design and allows you to focus your energy on creating exceptional work, we are here and cannot wait to work with you – we’d like to see if you want to to join our band.
- Act as an owner and leader to advocate for design throughout the entire organization as you collaborate with other designers and teams to create the best possible outcome
- Own the entire design process for your projects — translate research into new or iterative product ideas, create and socialize UX flows, then turn that work into high fidelity mockups ready to ship, incorporating user testing and data analytics along the way
- Collect, encourage, and iterate on feedback from the entire organization
- Break through the noise and bring clarity and simplicity to complicated problems
- Sketch and appropriately prototype your ideas to quickly assess viability as you iterate on your work.
- Go from low-fidelity to high-fidelity seamlessly with modern product design toolset
- Work closely alongside the engineering team with product managers as they build and ship your work
- Be willing to own the successes or failures of your work and proactively work to iterate and improve on shipped work
- When creating or improving any feature within our application, think with patterns and systems in mind to allow our application to gracefully scale
- Obsess and understand that the details are not the details, they are the foundation of your work and make products cohesive
- Know that high quality final execution is what matters, and we get there as a team through collaboration
- 5+ years experience working on web or native mobile applications with recent web property experience being ideal
- You’re a self-starter with the passion about design craft that leans into solving problems by making things, and seeks out feedback to make your work better
- You’re incredibly well versed in creating high fidelity user interfaces from scratch and existing components, including motion design, micro-interactions, and UI behavior specs on shipping products
- Examples of your iterative design process that incorporates data analytics and user testing; You constantly seek feedback from users, other designers and teams to validate your ideas
- Collaboration on small and large teams, distilling feedback into cohesive high quality deliverables
- You possess an acute inclination towards the difference between a good and bad experience for our users – and can self edit effectively
- You work towards the best possible solution, not just the easiest one
- You understand the nuances inherent in your work that help to improve ease of execution and overall viability
- You’re naturally curious and relentless on your quest for knowledge
- You’re comfortable enough with HTML/CSS/JS to understand their technical limitations and liberties to help empower our engineers
- You’re experienced in designing products and systems, not just websites
- You’ve had cross-device exposure with your previous work
- You have an appreciation for the entire product design process; you’re happy, willing, and able to own projects from inception to completion
- You’re comfortable using Figma, Sketch, Adobe’s Creative Suite, Abstract, Invision, Protopie, Principal, Flinto or other comparable prototyping tools
- You’re an excellent communicator – whether it’s articulating your work to other designers or showcasing new features during company wide demos, you make clear, effective communication part of your process
- You understand – and have examples of – how designers bring clarity to ambiguous problems through iterating and making things
- Experience with onboarding, activation and growth best practices in product design is a plus
- You understand collaboration is the key to the success or failure of your projects
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Design
At Plastiq, we’re committed to helping small businesses achieve their growth potential. The opportunity is huge, and the need is very real. With over 1 million customers and hundreds of thousands of vendors paid, we’re in a phenomenal position to make that happen. Most importantly, we have the team, the technology and capital to make our vision a reality. By accelerating our own growth potential, we will do so for small business owners as well.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!