Lead Game Designer at Onward Search
Lead Game Designer
Remote | Permanent | Job ID #59065 |
LEAD GAME DESIGNER WANTED! Small sized video game agency looking for their next long term indelible hire to join the team. Candidate can sit nationwide remote for the role. This role is a chance to collaborate with leading game developers, educators, researchers, partnerships, artists and storytellers.
This game company is a social-impact company, makes games for all audiences, demographics and ages. Educational or narrative based games that add value.
- Must be strong with ideation, vision, implementation of all game design
- Communicate with other designers and professionals
- Outline deliverables, timelines, expectations
- Create guidelines for design documentation, tools for the project, technology for the project
- Be approver of all the game design items throughout the lifecycle. Be the keeper of quality and game features
- Lead and manager game design team, track milestones, schedules and plans
- Knowledge of how to manage an indie budget and timeframes. Project will most likely take 2+ years from start to finish and then work on maintaining the game or another new game from there
- Hands on design, roll up your sleeves attitude
- Troubleshoot experience
- Amazing oral and written communicator during a remote work situation
- In the know of industry and design patterns/trends
- 5-10+ years’ experience in a Lead design or creative leadership role on commercial video or even VR games
- Creative chops, experience moving games from inception to launch on a commercial game scale
- Management experience
- Passionate about impact-game genre
Apply now to learn more about this role!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!