Lead DevOps Engineer at Very Good Security - VGS
Lead DevOps Engineer
- UNITED STATES, REMOTE
- ENGINEERING – ENGINEERING TEAM
You are a creative self-starter that can work autonomously to develop innovative solutions to ensure the integrity and availability of all environments. Design, develop, and implement secure automation practices to support Very Good Security’s cloud infrastructure at scale. With your previous experience in technical operations or software engineering, you possess hands-on ability to own projects relating to infrastructure, scalability, performance, and reliability.
What you get to do every day:
- Lead a small 3-4 member team to take technical projects from concept to completion
- Inspire and enjoy the camaraderie of a small tight knit team that loves solving problems
- Research, implement, script and automate repetitive tasks being mindful of solutions that eliminate the need for manual intervention
- Evaluate new products, vendors and create POCs to improve the teams’ overall efficiency
- Proactively find, communicate, report, fix bugs and define process improvements
- Take the initiative to reach across team boundaries to get the mission done
- Participate in on-call shifts while improving monitoring and alerting to reduce noise for the team
What you bring to the role:
- Strong AWS experience with the ability to describe projects you implemented from concept to completion
- Familiarity with git version control and common GitHub configurations
- Advanced knowledge of Docker commands (advanced docker-compose and Kubernetes prefered).
- Ability to write tooling in one or more of the following: Python, Golang or Java
- Hands-on technical leader who can pick, implement and supervise the correct solutions.
- People management of a 3-4 member team where you are comfortable managing ~25% of your time
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Competent in several of the following:
- Infrastructure as Code preferably Terraform, Ansible and Cloud Formation
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (GitOps, CircleCi, Tekton preferred)
- Database experience preferably with PostgresDB RDS
- Have used and configured monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Fluentd, ELK, New Relic, Rollbar, Datadog, Sumo Logic
- Familiarity with common GitOps practices
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental, & vision insurance;
- 401k plan with company match and immediate vesting;
- Flexible time off;
- Pre-tax commuter benefits;
- 11 company paid holidays;
- Annual employee retreat.
At Very Good Security we value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
Very Good Security (VGS) is building a modern approach to data security, compliance and privacy. VGS completely de-scopes clients from needing to hold sensitive data themselves, while still allowing them to get the full benefit of using & operating on any kind of sensitive data (payments, PII, access credentials, etc.). Beyond simply tokenizing any data type and format, VGS facilitates the secure exchange of data with approved endpoints. Additionally, with VGS, customers can manage how third parties interact with sensitive customer data without worrying about data breaches. Customers get the full use of their data, but they are not required to maintain a secure data environment themselves. (this is analogous to how companies use AWS or Google Cloud to run their business operations without needing to maintain the actual data centers themselves). A major benefit to using VGS is that companies are able to offload liability while fast-tracking compliance certifications, including PCI, SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA and more.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!