Lead Copywriter at Resident Home
Resident is an industry-leader in the Direct-to-Consumer mattress and home furnishings category. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016 (over 2 million happy sleepers and counting!), we have also launched the Dreamcloud, Awara and Level Sleep brands to cater to a variety of sleep preferences. We love to use data and metrics to drive our decisions, while keeping in mind that customers don’t speak in numbers, and that each one should be treated as a member of our family. Our mission is simple; we strive to make inspiring products people love coming home to (and to help everyone afford a great night’s sleep)!
You can also expect a hard working global team of people who understand how to create meaningful connections and get great work done virtually – it’s in our nature!
Resident is looking for a Lead Copywriter to join our growing Creative team. If you’ve got big ideas, a smart writing style, and an editorial eye, then we’d love to hear from you. Tight organization skills, and the ability to have big ideas and execute them creatively, enable our ideal candidate to grow and develop in this new and exciting role.
You will collaborate and support Resident’s creative team and contribute to the evolution of our brand voice across multiple brands through product launches, digital product, marketing channels, physical experiences, packaging, and more.
You will have experience of developing a team of talented copywriters & be excited to manage and motivated to build a team that supports and advances this superfast growing company.
- Ensure clear, and recognizable tone of voice across multiple distinct contemporary customer-facing brands
- Write clear, creative copy for web content, digital ads, promotional materials, retail signage, and other marketing collateral.
- Collaborate with designers to concept and create omni-channel seasonal campaigns
- Be strategically minded, providing a range of options for testing themes and positioning
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to maintain consistent brand messaging, voice, and tone across all communication channels and products
- Be self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Mentor and inspire team members
- 5+ years experience in a professional writing role
- A strong, diverse writing portfolio
- Strong editorial judgment and writing ability
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize your workload
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with entrepreneurial and tech-driven creative environments
- E-commerce experience
- Competitive salary
- Medical / Dental / Vision/ 401k matching benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
Resident is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA., with a dedicated New York City office, London and an R&D facility in Tel Aviv.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!