Late Stage, Deficiency Collector at WEX
Late Stage, Deficiency Collector
South Portland, ME
US – Remote
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Work with past-due customers, at late stages of delinquency, to determine and understand the customer’s circumstances, negotiate payment arrangements, assess risk to the company, coordinate exit strategies and provide service to the customer. Ability to effectively manage various collection strategies and work out situations (Loss Mitigation, high balance delinquencies, returned payments, payment plans, settlements, etc.). Point person on the floor and conduit to Team Leaders for business trends. Assists with associate training and development by acting as a coach and mentor. Provides daily support to receivables associates.
- Communicates in a precise and well-tuned manner, orally and in writing, with customers to influence and negotiate to obtain immediate payment and resolve delinquent account balances.
- Works closely with leadership and maintains regular communication about status of late-stage collections providing timely and accurate reporting on assigned accounts.
- Demonstrates critical thinking across the board in order to assess and take appropriate actions.
- Interprets customer’s needs and intent, utilizes judgment critical thinking and experience to make decisions that effectively balance risk, quality, productivity, corporate objectives and customer retention.
- Ability to manage late-stage delinquent and complex account situations, utilizing professional knowledge and experience to determine appropriate approaches to achieve resolution.
- Develop a keen understanding of prioritizing and determining collectability of accounts.
- Evaluates accounts with payment issues and provides resolution to mitigate loss and reduce bad debt.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to mitigate delinquencies.
- Coordinate relationships with internal/external stakeholders including Legal, Compliance, Risk and Outsourced Service partners
- Actively participates in training to increase knowledge within the department.
- Mentors other associates by sharing collection techniques, knowledge & experience.
- Supports ongoing learning and development by conducting side by sides and delivering feedback for team members on a regular basis
- Participates in cross-departmental meetings/special projects as assigned.
- Provides Team Leader back-up coverage when needed.
- Gives honest and constructive feedback and coaching to associates, peers and leadership in a timely manner
- Identifies training/coaching needs and follows through to ensure needs are met
- Provides coaching, encouragement and acknowledgement of successes
- Effectively conveys critical thinking skills
- Engages in peer collaboration as it relates to sharing/ implementing collection best practices.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of FDCPA, TCPA and UDAPP in addition to other federal regulations
- Significant Skip Tracing knowledge and proficiency
- Knowledge and experience in litigation process and management of outside counsel
- Knowledge and experience coordinating with outsourced collections agencies
- Ability to be self-motivated, dependable and work productively in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Provides back-up to peers as necessary.
- High School Diploma
- 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- 5 years’ relevant experience
- People leadership experience
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition – WEX’s Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On-Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!