Language Arts Instructor at Art of Problem Solving
Language Arts Instructor (Temporary Position)
- Allows Remote
Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager math students in the world. We have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top math students for over 16 years through our textbook series and our online school. In 2016 we launched AoPS Academy, a family of after-school learning centers for strong math and language arts students in grades 2-12.
This summer, AoPS Academy is bringing our math and language arts summer classes to students in a brand new way with our AoPS Academy: Virtual Campus!
Just like our traditional AoPS Academy experience, our range of course offerings allow students in grades 2-12 the opportunity to explore new interests while strengthening their reading, writing, and critical thinking skills for the upcoming school year. With small class sizes and a virtual classroom setting that allows participants to see and talk to each other in real time, our students will have access to some of the most highly accomplished instructors in the nation, and we want you to be one of them!
We’re looking for enthusiastic instructors to join our teaching team on a temporary basis this summer. Language Arts classes will be offered during the following dates:
- July 6 – 17 (2-week session)
- July 6 – 31 (4-week session)
- July 20 – 31 (2-week session)
You can check out our full list of class offerings here! You’ll have an opportunity to let us know what classes you’re interested in teaching when you apply for this position.
- Teach enthusiastic elementary, middle, and high school students in our online classrooms.
- Use our curriculum to teach participation-oriented classes that focus on instruction and developing skills, not on rote memorization.
- Work in small classes (average size 12) with top performing students who are passionate about learning and are motivated to succeed.
- Must have a solid academic background in English and language arts. A bachelor’s degree in a humanities field is required, ideally related to language arts. A master’s degree or higher is preferred.
- Must have some experience using Zoom or similar video conferencing software and be comfortable managing a classroom in a virtual setting.
- Experience working with advanced students is preferred.
- At this time we are only hiring instructors who are located in and authorized to work in the United States.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!