Labor and Employment Attorney Editor at Dahl Consulting
Labor and Employment Attorney Editor (Part Time)
New York, New York
Title: Labor and Employment Attorney Editor (Part Time)
Location: New York NY
Details: 20-25 hours/week; About six months; Remote or onsite in NYC.
Temporary Senior Legal Editor with expertise in labor and employment law to maintain and review online content that will help employment lawyers practice more efficiently.
The central and most critical responsibility of this position is to research, write, edit, publish and update on-line content for Practical Law’s L&E subscribers. Our content includes practice guidance notes, checklists, and standard forms, all of which are written in accordance with Practical Law’s unique writing style.
In addition, the Temporary Senior Legal Editor will:
- Collaborate with the other editors on Practical Law’s Labor & Employment Service to peer review, improve, and organize newly-written content;
- Coordinate and collaborate with other editorial teams on content planning and creation;
- Write and edit content for Practical Law’s companion print magazine, Practical Law – The Journal, as needed;
- Stay informed of current developments and issues of labor and employment law and practice to ensure timely updates to existing content and the development of new content;
- Assist with other products in which Practical Law is foundational, as requested.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
- Juris Doctor.
- At least six years’ experience in labor and employment law, with an emphasis on health and safety, handbooks, and labor law.
- A sophisticated understanding of the needs and priorities of labor and employment lawyers who advise US companies.
- Experience drafting labor and employment agreements, as well as HR policies.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks at once. Enthusiasm and ambition, with a sincere desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- The ability to work seamlessly and selflessly with others.
- A genuine passion for writing and very strong writing and editing skills, including:
- Very close attention to detail;
- Excellent command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- The ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
The position will preferably be located in New York City; however, we will consider candidates in other U.S.-based locations working on a remote basis.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!