Key Account Director at Degreed
Key Account Director – US Remote
US Based Remote
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careersskill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projectsand match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world’s expertise.
We are looking for a key account director who is responsible for handling our most important strategic clients at Degreed. These accounts significantly impact our company, and the key account director must build and maintain a strong relationship with these clients. They will be the lead point of contact for all key client matters, anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the client are met, and help the client succeed and tell their success stories. The key account director will retain and also bring in new business from existing clients and will develop new relationships. This position will report to the VP Account Management.
Day in the Life
- Develop a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and company
- Resolving key client issues and complaints
- Developing a complete understanding of key account needs
- Anticipating key account changes and improvements
- Managing communications between key clients and internal teams
- Managing account team assigned to each client
- Strategic planning to improve client results
- Negotiating contracts with the client and establishing a timeline of performance
- Working with design, sales team, creative, advertising, logistics, managers, marketing, and team members from other departments dedicated to the same client account to ensure the highest quality of materials are being produced and all client needs met
- Collaborating with teams to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with client and internal teams to ensure timely renewal, and maximize potential by up-selling and/or cross-selling
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- Meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
- Analyzing client data to provide customer relationship management
- Maintain a rolling forecast and track sales activity in SFDC and BoostUp
- Forecast trends and create suggestions to enhance retention rates and upsells
- Prepare pricing proposals, including renewal rate calculations
- Proactively report to revenue operations on the portfolio of accounts, focusing on goal attainment and recommended course corrections
- Receive feedback on the growing requirements of a customer, and provide a feedback loop to Product teams
- Work closely with Finance and Legal teams to ensure all contracts are accurate
Who You Are
- 5+ years’ experience in a sales, renewals, or account management role at a SaaS company
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- In-depth understanding of company key clients and their position in the industry
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts
- Ability to multitask and manage more than one client account
- Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals
- Make well-informed decisions with minimal oversight
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to negotiate and problem solve
- Possess a high degree of honesty, integrity, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines daily
- Requires strong communication skills
What Sets You Apart
- Proven performance history
- Thought leadership experience
- Technology experience
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (Master’s degree preferred)
- Business industry experience and recognition
Compensation and Benefits at Degreed
Degreed is passionate about pay transparency and we are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range for this role is $122,750 – $160,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits and wellness programs:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything!)
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Forma
- Wellness programs focused on your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing
*Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more