Junior Paralegal at Stash
Title: Junior Paralegal
- Location: New York, NY or US Based Remote
Stash is a digital platform empowering everyday Americans to achieve the dream of greater financial freedom. Our products and tools make saving and investing accessible, affordable and simplified, in order to help our users build and grow generational wealth.
Stash is seeking a self-starting Junior Paralegal to join our collaborative Legal team. The ideal candidate is a bright, energetic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual with at least two years of experience (prior in-house or start-up experience is a big plus). We’re looking for someone who’s inquisitive, enthusiastic about the law, enjoys working hard and being continually challenged, and can demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
What you’ll do:
- Contract management: Assist in the preparation, review, negotiation and execution of a variety of contracts and other legal documents (with the assistance of attorneys as needed); Review agreements for consistency with standard provisions and escalate as necessary; Review and negotiate form non-disclosure agreements and other standard contracts; Maintain our contract management system; Coordinate with business clients throughout the contract management process.
- Transactional/litigation-related support: Gather documentation for transactional and litigation-related matters; Respond to third party requests for information.
- Corporate governance: Entity management and licensing; assist in managing our employee stock ownership plan and cap table administration platform; assisting with corporate insurance renewals
- Intellectual property: Assist in the management of our intellectual property portfolio; Manage our trademark applications, filings, and any IP-related litigations; Conduct trademark searches.
- Legal and policy research: Assist with legal research; Assist in developing guidelines, processes and procedures; Assist in conducting and updating vendor due diligence.
- Legal operations: Assist with day-to-day legal team organization and operations; Create and improve legal processes and operational efficiency; Maintain records and coordinate communications within the team.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience reviewing, negotiating, and drafting contracts and other legal documents
- Strong organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Self-starter, ability to work in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), JIRA, Looker, Zendesk, Concord CMS, DocuSign, and Carta or equivalents.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls…
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!