Junior Accountant Consultant at BOOST
Jr. Accountant Consultant (remote/virtual)
- Job Locations: US-DC-Washington
- ID: 2021-1072
- Category: Accounting/Finance
- Type: Regular Full-Time
BOOST is growing, and we are looking to add a team member to our Accounting division, that of a full-time Jr. Accountant Consultant. In this role, you’ll report into a Sr. Accounting Consultant and will be providing client support under his/her supervision. This position is 100% remote, however you’ll be required to be on eastern standard time (EST) since we’re based in the Washington, DC area.
If you have a degree in Accounting (or finance), a passion for numbers, and experience working with project-based accounting (we’re in Government Contracting) we would love for you to apply!
As the Jr. Accounting Consultant, you can expect to be taking on tasks like:
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable management.
- Preparing and maintaining accounting documents and records.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts in a timely manner.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Researching, tracking, and resolving accounting and/or documentation discrepancies.
- Participating in monthly and fiscal-quarter closings, preparing general ledger journal entries, and analyzing revenue recognition and expense variances.
- Compiling reports/summaries of financial activity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or relevant field.
- Working knowledge of FASB and GAAP required.
- Experience working with QuickBooks or complex ERP systems like Unanet, People Soft, Procas, SAP ERP, and/or Costpoint.
- Advanced understanding of MS Office, specifically Excel (pivot tables, Vlookups, Sumifs)
- High attention to detail, strong communication and project management skills with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and manage multiple assignments and deliverables.
- Requires understanding of all accounting and financial transactions to include project-based accounting, job costing, indirect cost tracking and rate calculations, reconciliation of accounts, and adjustments.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.
- Knowledge of CAS, FAR, DCAA compliance preferred.
- Preferred but not required:
- 1+ years of government-contracting experience for multiple type contracts.
- 1+ years of experience in public accounting/consulting, general ledger. accounting, financial reporting, accounting information systems, or auditing.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!