Java Curriculum Design Reviewer and Editor at Per Scholas Inc
Position Title: Java Curriculum Design Reviewer & Editor
- Curriculum & Adult Learning – (Multiple states) – Temporary
- Location: Remote
- Reports To: Sr. VP
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a Java Curriculum Design Reviewer & Editor to become a member of our national customized implementation team. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented and problem-solving individual with strong technical writing, proof-reading, reviewing, editing and content-development skills, an ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic environment, and a strong sense of accountability. To be successful in this role, the Java Curriculum Design Reviewer & Editor must be business-minded within our mission focus, developing and refining curriculum content, tools, and resources that meet both clients’ and learners’ high expectations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Review, assess, and recommend changes to Java/Software Engineering and/or IT-related curriculum drafts so materials:
- Use learning activities that reflect a best-practice approach to class instruction
- Address learner absorption of topics in given time-frame
- Present learning activities that are clear, engaging, easy to follow and use a variety of learning styles (visual, aural, kinesthetic (etc.)
- Maintain the highest presentational quality and technical accuracy, including in areas such as grammar, spelling, and overall appearance
- Reflect the utilization of technology and media to develop dynamic and engaging curriculum content
- Work closely with subject-matter experts and the instructional team to review/edit/revise, create and implement Java, Computer Programming, Software Development, Application Development, and DevOps domains
- Work with Curriculum Development team, instructors, and administrative leaders throughout the organization to ensure a cohesive approach to Java curriculum development
- Performing content consistency checks (QC) across all training materials
- Utilize technology and media to develop dynamic and engaging Java curriculum content
- Maintain ongoing oversight of Java materials in an effort to ensure quality and accuracy of Java curriculum
- Develop solutions (e.g., instructor-led, virtual, elearning, blended, etc.) that provide relevant, challenging, and productive learning experiences. Finalize materials through reviews, pilot tests, etc.
- Define, document, and maintain the scope of Java learning materials. Perform risk assessment and mitigation and communicate clearly inside and outside the team
- Research on new technical training offerings, upskill and take challenges to develop curriculum content and assessments
- Complete special projects and requests as opportunities arise
- Contribute fine-tuning our Java content development process as we scale, and your work will ultimately deliver quality, reliable methods of measuring learners’ progress nationwide
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- 1-3 years of experience in Java/Software Engineering/Technical curriculum-building projects and/or industry experience preferably related to software-engineering roles and topics such as Java Developer, .Net Developer, DevOps, Python, Data Engineering, etc.
- Experience reviewing, editing and revising technical curriculum
- Experience designing and developing a variety of learning offerings (such as from a 15-minute eLearning to multi-week classroom experiences)
- Experience working on concurrent priority projects while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take ownership over tasks and meet short and long term deliverables
- A passion for continuous improvement and keeping current on the latest trends in learning
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- BA / BS or equivalent experience
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities with leading employers, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 14 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 12,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application! Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!