Intermediate UX and UI Designer at Elo Entertainment
Intermediate UX/UI Designer
- United States
At Elo Entertainment, we build products serving a wide variety of gaming communities and millions of players. We are a data focused company, committed to transforming that data into powerful personal narratives through our products. Our design team is at the heart of this effort, working daily to take complex experiences, and manifest them in accessible and meaningful products and features.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will work as part of a design team responsible for the experience of our existing products and brands, as well as take ownership of working on new products and brands. You will work closely with product owners, software engineers and stakeholders in building a clear product vision, and transforming that vision into usable, functional, memorable experiences.
Elo is a fully remote company with a fully remote culture. In this aspect, we rely on each team member to be fully responsible and accountable for managing their time, working professionally and proactively with other remote team members, and valuing over communication and transparency in all activities. If you are comfortable in a fully remote environment, and excited about working on products that serve millions of gamers in an exciting, fast paced growth industry, Elo may be the right place for you.
- Fluent in Sketch or Figma
- Fluent in Zeplin, InVision or a similar tool
- Understanding of web and mobile standards and interfaces
- Understanding of responsive design best practices
- Understanding of grids and how they help us work efficiently with Engineers
- You understand what a design system is and why they are important
- You have strong visual design skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Primarily based in a timezone between PST (UTC -8) and CET (UTC +1)
- Has active interest in gaming
- Work closely with designers, product owners, engineers and stakeholders to define problems
- Assist in planning and conducting user research
- Help synthesize research
- Assist in defining information architecture through site maps, user flows, and content strategy documents
- Assist in developing our new products’ visual identity
- Assist in conducting usability testing
- Assist in maintaining our design system
- Create low, mid, and high fidelity wireframes for web and mobile
- Create mockups for web and mobile
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary team members
- Join an established brand, in an exciting growing industry
- Work on something you love, learn more about the games and the communities that drive them
- Flexible, relaxed and friendly team
- Work on experiences that serve millions of people
- Work in visually unique space, where you will draw inspiration from unique game identities, and work to build identities that represent player communities
- Fully remote: love where you work, live where you want
- Within US: full time renewable 6 month contract with opportunity to move to full time salaries + benefits
- External to US: full time renewable 6 month contract
- Salary 60k – 65k USD
- Flexible work schedule & vacation policy
To be able to evaluate your skills and get back to all candidates, please submit a portfolio of projects you’ve worked on. We’re looking for an insight on your methodology and design thinking, not just final designs. Personas, flows, wireframes, sketches – they all provide great insights for us. Bonus points for real-world product releases or design system experience that you can highlight.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!