Title: Inpatient Remote Medical Coder – Nationwide
Location: Tulsa US-OK US
Job Type: PERMANENT
Job Time: FULLTIME
Inpatient Remote Medical Coder – Nationwide (#14523)
Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services’ business consultants are experts in providing comprehensive advisory and assistance and health care solutions for hospitals, clinics, and military treatment facilities throughout the United States and Guam. CNHS has leveraged mission-critical demand with results-driven excellence for the past 10 years, and continue to do so. CNHS and its partners can provide robust solutions for your evolving needs.
As a tribal 8(a), SBA certified firm, and an unlimited sole source provider to customers, we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise at our disposal. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNHS’s strong financial support, extensive past performance history and emphasis on quality management expertise allows the company to offer a truly unique value proposition to support any size client base. Large or small, federal or commercial, we are responsive to the mission at hand. CNHS serves customers in more than 27 states and three countries.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokee-cnhs.com/Pages/home.aspx
INPATIENT MEDICAL CODER SUMMARY: Responsible for assignment of accurate ICD codes for diagnoses and procedures. Medical Severity – Diagnostic Related Group (MS-DRG) is automatically assigned by the grouper software) for inpatient stays. Inpatient coders may also be responsible for the assignment of accurate ICD diagnoses, current procedural terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), modifiers, and quantities from medical record documentation (paper or electronic) for inpatient professional services (a.k.a, rounds or IBWA encounters). Trains and educates MTF staff on coding issues and plays a significant role in coding compliance activities.
Medical Inpatient Medical Coder
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Position requires excellent computer/communication skills for provider and staff interactions.
- Knowledge of anatomy/physiology and disease process, medical terminology, coding guidelines (inpatient), documentation requirements, familiarity with medications and reimbursement guidelines; and encoder experience.
- Candidate must have ability to handle multiple projects and appropriately prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- This position will not have supervisory authority.
Education and/or Experience
- Education/Certification. The following are recognized certifications: Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC), and Certified Coder Specialist (CCS) are acceptable for inpatient coders. An institution recognized by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and/or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) must accredit education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of three years inpatient coding experience within the last five years is required. Two year of experience may be qualifying if the two years were in a military treatment facility.
- Inpatient facility experience should encompass different medical specialties (i.e. Family Practice, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, OB/GYN, etc.) that utilize ICD, E&M, CPT, and HCPCS codes. Ancillary specialties (PT/OT, Radiology, Lab, Nutrition, etc.) that usually do NOT use E&M codes do not count as qualifying experience.
- Additionally, coding, auditing and training exclusively for specialties such as home health will not be considered as qualifying experience.
- Coding experience limited to making codes conform to specific payer requirements for the business office (insurance billing, accounts receivable) is not a qualifying factor.
This position is primarily performed in a climate controlled office setting.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link : Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.