Inpatient Coder at AQuity Solutions
Remote Full- Time Inpatient Coder
Job Category: Coder
Requisition Number: REMOT001328
About Aquity: Headquartered in Cary, NC, a suburb of Raleigh, Aquity Solutions employs more than 7,000 clinical documentation production staff throughout the U.S., India, Canada, and Australia. With over 40 years of experience and recognized by both KLAS and Black Book as the top outsourced transcription service vendor, Aquity Solutions is focused on delivering superior business results. Aquity Solutions provides healthcare professionals with key services including: Medical Scribing, Interim HIM Services, Medical Coding and Medical Transcription.
Position Summary: As an experienced inpatient coder, you will be responsible for providing coding and abstracting for Inpatient services using ICD-10 CM/PCS coding systems. You will use established coding principles, software and your knowledge and experience to assign diagnostic and procedural codes after a thorough review of the medical record to obtain the appropriate DRG. As a coding professional, we may ask you to mentor new hires by providing education and training. We may need for you to perform other responsibilities when production requirements allow.
Schedule- Hours flexible, one weekend day per month is mandatory
- Reviews Medical Records to identify pertinent diagnoses and procedures relative to the patients’ healthcare encounter
- Selects the principal diagnosis and principal procedure, along with other diagnoses and procedures using UHDDS definition. Ensures appropriate DRG assignment.
- Abstracts appropriate information from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough review of the medical record.
- Solicits clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines provided by the client.
- May act as a mentor to training coders and/or new hires by providing education and training.
- Maintains current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic and the Official Inpatient Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Ability to meet productivity standards while maintaining a 95% accuracy rate.
- Assists with other responsibilities when requested.
- Maintains effective and professional communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive company image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability and mutual respect.
- Must possess CCS credential
- Must have a minimum of 1-year Inpatient coding experience.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10 CM/PCS coding principles and guidelines, DRG Assignment, MCC/CC capture, federal, state and payor-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing
- Understands medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, surgical technology, pharmacology and disease processes
- A high-level of coding accuracy, critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, must be detailed and articulate
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Why Work for Aquity?
- Competitive salary
- 18 PTO days accrued during your first year!
- 7 paid holidays annually
- Job related education reimbursement, and CEU’s
- Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, short- and long-term disability and voluntary life insurance plan.
- 401(k) with company matching
- Opportunities for career advancement!
We have a wide array of customers providing our coders the opportunity to work with different environments and specialty areas- so every day is something new and exciting. The best thing- you can do this from the comfort of your own home. Our coders have an opportunity to work remotely and can work flexible hours contingent on client’s needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more