Title: Initial Clinical Reviewer II (Physical Therapist)
Location: United States UM
Initial Clinical Reviewer II (Physical Therapist ONLY)
Functions in a clinical review capacity to evaluate all cases, which do not pass the authorization approval process at first call while promoting a supportive team approach with call center staff. Initial clinical reviewers are supported by Physician clinical review staff (MDs) in the utilization management determination process.
This is a remote work from home position.
- Reviews charts and analyzes clinical record documentation in order to approve services that meet clinical review criteria.
- Conducts ongoing activities which monitor established quality of care standards in the participating provider network and for other clinical staff.
- Conducts regular audits, as assigned, to ensure guidelines are applied appropriately.
- In states where required, refers all cases that an approval cannot be rendered to the Physician Clinical Reviewer. In States where allowed, will make denial determinations as a specific case warrants.
- Converses with medical office staff in order to obtain additional pertinent clinical history/information; notifies of approvals and denials, giving clinical rationale.
- Provides optimum customer service through professional/accurate communication while maintaining NCQA and health plan?s required timeframes.
- Documents all communication with medical office staff and/or treating provider.
- Practices and maintains the principles of utilization management by adhering to policies and procedures.
- Participates in on-going training programs to ensure quality performance in compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
General Job Information
Initial Clinical Reviewer II (Physical Therapist)
Clinical Services Group
United States of America
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
License and Certifications Required
ASRT American Society of Radiologic Technologists Certification Radiology, OT Occupational Therapist, State Licensure Care Mgmt, PT Physical Therapist, State Licensure Care Mgmt, RN Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure Care Mgmt, ST Speech Therapist, State Licensure Care Mgmt
License and Certifications Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Basic computer skills; must be able to talk and type simultaneously.
- Minimum 1 year of managed care experience. For physical health roles, 2-5 years of either physical therapy experience preferred.
- Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Job Type: PARTTIME