Information Security Specialist – Identity Access Management at U.S. Bank
Information Security Specialist – Identitiy Access Management – Telecommute-200010038
- Job Information: Technology
- Primary Location: United States
- Shift: 1st – Daytime
- Average Hours Per Week: 40
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking someone with in-depth provisioning knowledge to support our European customers, demonstrated competence, and leadership experience to contribute toward the success of our Access Management Team’s provisioning and security initiatives.
This position primarily:
- Responds to access requests generated from Access Management and ServceNow to provision access according to security policy and best practices.
- Provides technical expertise and support for access requests and planning iniatives.
- Develop efficient provisioning process through continual process review. automation, and onboarding activities to reduce overall provisioning service level agreements (SLA) for our customers
- The ISS IAM Provisioning Team leads enterprise-wide definition, establishment, and
- maintenance of information security-related infrastructure, applications, and processes. This
- position provides technical support to clients, management, security administrators, and
- network operations.
The successful candidate will have experience with:
- Provisioning in the European Market
- Managing access on Windows servers and Windows workstations.
- Knowledge of Unix provisioning
- Scripting knowledge with shell scripts, Perl, and/or PowerShell.
- Solid understanding of IAM concepts such as privileged access, principle of least privilege, RBAC, ACL, vaulting, and permissions.
- Prioritizing queue requests and manages customer expectations, dealing with escalations in an appropriate manner.
- Maintaining Active Directory objects.
- Using an identity management system such as Access Manager
- Using Incident and Change Management systems such ServiceNow is desired.
- Information security principles, administration, and audits.
- Troubleshooting access related issues.
Additional responsibilities may involve:
- Implementing security products, tools, scripts, and controls for UNIX / Linux, and Active Directory environments.
- Reviewing circumstances surrounding data security incidents and designing corrective actions and solutions.
- Documenting and maintaining security policies and procedures.
- Providing support for security audits, risk assessments, data security procedures, and products.
- Assisting team in evaluating existing and proposed security systems and technologies.
- Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank’s ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least five years of experience with the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to quality standards associated with developing, enhancing and operationalizing application systems and databases
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- ITIL v3 certification preferred.
- CompTIA Linux+ or LPIC-1 certification preferred
- Experience with Dell Authentication Services
- LDAP directory administration
- Planning and deploying Active Directory group policy
- IT standards, procedures, policy
- Technical writing/documentation
- Structured Query Language
- Change control systems
- Experience reviewing baseline settings
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!